LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #14521
( . ) __ ( . )
raultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
raultd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Probably a stupid question. But I just ordered a flip kit from AllPro. Do I need to have the weight off of the springs to change the Ubolt out or can I do the swap with the truck on the ground?
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
easiest way:
1)chock front tires with parking brake engaged
2)jack up axle on one side, just enough to take the tire off (put on jack stand if you want)
3)cut off old u bolts (much easier than taking them off with a wrench)
4)install new kit*
5)tire back on and lowered down to the ground
6)repeat on other side
7)don't forget to retorque u-bolts

*may want to measure and cut off excess threads on u-bolts before instalation.
So many unnecessary steps...the AP ubolts flip kit is exact size for either 1st or 2nd gen, no need to cut any excess threads off or take any tires off, except the spare. Just leave the truck on the ground (level).

1. parking brake, remove spare
2. pb blaster, remove oem bolts
3. install new kit, torque to 90 ft-lbs
Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #14522
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raultd View Post
So many unnecessary steps...the AP ubolts flip kit is exact size for either 1st or 2nd gen, no need to cut any excess threads off or take any tires off, except the spare. Just leave the truck on the ground (level).

Amount of safety fucks given= 0.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #14523
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raultd View Post

1. unless you are using a heavy duty leaf pack with a lot of leafs. the bolts are too long. the kit is designed for the thickest pack, with the intention of cutting bolts down as needed. 1) so the top of your bolts don't become your new bump stops 2) so you don't have to turn the nut 40 extra times to tighted it down

2. it is far easier to tighten down the nuts from the outside of the truck with the wheel off, rather than hiding sitting under your truck with more components in the way.

3. skip the pb blaster and wrench removal of the old bolts. just cut them off. 4 seconds per bolt with a grinder. quicker and easier.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #14524
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Thanks, that is a good Idea I was hoping maybe someone was running a killswitch and could give me some insight.

I'm 4x4 I wish I could use my locker in in 2wd and 4h.
I have an ABS kill switch but rarely use it. My ABS hasn't caused me issue yet, but I haven't really had to try to stop on a dime off road. I've braked pretty hard, just not with the intent of stopping just slowing down for an upcoming corner and such. Maybe the newer models have a more sensitive ABS system

There is a mod to allow you to use your locker in 2wd and 4Hi
Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #14525
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Was that the truck at the shop when Jake did my hoops?

BTW sweet vid Cliff
No, I think we were still racing the Trophylite back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Cool video
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Gotta 1/4 tank of gas in my mid travel class but that's ok cuzz I'm still fly
lol, I didn't pick the song for this one. I've picked the music for all the rest of the videos I have done, I wasnt crazy about the selection, too screemo for me but it works alright
Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #14526
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post

lol, I didn't pick the song for this one. I've picked the music for all the rest of the videos I have done, I wasnt crazy about the selection, too screemo for me but it works alright
It worked well for the video. I liked how the video was synchronized to the music

The trophy truck was cool too i guess
Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #14527
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
It worked well for the video. I liked how the video was synchronized to the music

The trophy truck was cool too i guess
See now that was all me Thanks man!

I guess it was alright, a Tacoma would have been better
Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #14528
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
You right. But it's only for looks. He'll still have the exact same ride but with less threads showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Thanks, that is a good Idea I was hoping maybe someone was running a killswitch and could give me some insight.

I'm 4x4 I wish I could use my locker in in 2wd and 4h.
I did the abs kill switch mod awhile back. It's night and day difference trying to stop in snow...
Or dirt.

There is a thread on how to do it
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-mod-pics.html
Old 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #14529
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Refreshed my front end with new coil springs, a rebuild on the coilovers, uca and lca.

Will be trying out these Whiteline polyurethane bushings and Moog lower ball joints. Anyone have any experience with the Whiteline bushings?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #14530
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
I did the abs kill switch mod awhile back. It's night and day difference trying to stop in snow...
Or dirt.

There is a thread on how to do it
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-mod-pics.html
Thanks bud.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #14531
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No problem
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #14532
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyknees View Post
Refreshed my front end with new coil springs, a rebuild on the coilovers, uca and lca.

700#?
Old 12-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #14533
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Will be trying out these Whiteline polyurethane bushings and Moog lower ball joints. Anyone have any experience with the Whiteline bushings?

Ive been trying to get someone to buy them for their LCA's in the DIY LCA bushing thread for a year now http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3691528

One local guy I know finally bought them and is installing them this week. He will be doing a write up on them when he is done installing everything.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #14534
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
The Truck Shop in San Diego sells replacement LCA bushings

http://www.sdtruckshop.com/
Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #14535
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
700#?
Yup, 700# 14" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Ive been trying to get someone to buy them for their LCA's in the DIY LCA bushing thread for a year now http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3691528

One local guy I know finally bought them and is installing them this week. He will be doing a write up on them when he is done installing everything.
Nice, I had my buddy at the dealer install the bushings. The kit from Whiteline said that they were for a 2005+ Tacoma, but the instructions only said Prado 125 Series & Hilux 4wd. So far they seem like they will fit, but I will find out over the weekend as long as the weather permits.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #14536
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup, 700# 14" tall.

Nice, I had my buddy at the dealer install the bushings. The kit from Whiteline said that they were for a 2005+ Tacoma, but the instructions only said Prado 125 Series & Hilux 4wd. So far they seem like they will fit, but I will find out over the weekend as long as the weather permits.
Well I think the same model of hilux has the same front end as the 2nd gen Tacomas so probably. I know tbe Hilux's front diff e-locker fits in the 2nd gens.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #14537
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a used set of ex King c/o's and the 600# X 14 coils are looking pretty clapped out. Was thinking about getting some new coils but not sure if I should go to a 650#?! I am a DCSB, running a ATO 1/4" plate skid and keeping oem bumper for now. What cha running....suggestions?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #14538
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLY View Post
Just picked up a used set of ex King c/o's and the 600# X 14 coils are looking pretty clapped out. Was thinking about getting some new coils but not sure if I should go to a 650#?! I am a DCSB, running a ATO 1/4" plate skid and keeping oem bumper for now. What cha running....suggestions?
How Much lift are you wanting to be at? If in the 2" range, 600's are fine. If you want to be higher, go 650's so you don't have to preload as much.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #14539

This exactly^^^^^
Old 12-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #14540
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
MT folks - thinking about rebuilding my king c/o's. I've watched the YouTube video and it seems pretty straight forward. The one thing I'm wondering is will I need a spring compressor to remove the springs from the shocks? Or will I be able to reduce the preload with the collar such that I can slide the coil up to remove the lower seat? I've tried googling and haven't been able to figure this out... I know you need one for non-adjustable c/o's.... Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread