Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #14601
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
They aligned out at 4.5° caster with still plenty of room to move on the cams.
Sex! I'm lucky to get 3 with my effed up frame.
I need to cage it and get heimed uppers. I keep telling myself when the snow melts, the trucks getting tore down. We'll see....
Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #14602
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Sex! I'm lucky to get 3 with my effed up frame.
I need to cage it and get heimed uppers. I keep telling myself when the snow melts, the trucks getting tore down. We'll see....
I go through that problem with alot of trucks. Surprisingly the front cycled 10" of travel with the uppers.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #14603
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Bitchn', nice work Matt!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #14604
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Changed my set up, picking up parts from various persons and such to build the new suspension.

Here is my question, what type of UCA should I get, I can save about $200 and get the Light Racing UCA's, but will it hinder the quality of the suspension?

Below is set up thus far:

King 2.5's for Front
Maxtrac Spindles
*UCA* (Deciding)

All Pro Standard Leaf pack
Bilstein 5100's (keeping them there, current setup)
Old 02-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #14605
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Changed my set up, picking up parts from various persons and such to build the new suspension.

Here is my question, what type of UCA should I get, I can save about $200 and get the Light Racing UCA's, but will it hinder the quality of the suspension?

Below is set up thus far:

King 2.5's for Front
Maxtrac Spindles
*UCA* (Deciding)

All Pro Standard Leaf pack
Bilstein 5100's (keeping them there, current setup)
Holy cow dude I am going to be running the same set up after this weekend. Only I have the expos and 5100 up front right now. Putting the kings on this weekend. I am running a LR uCA. I really like them but need to do the bushing upgrade. Still got the old ones. Do you have any pics of your truck you can post??
Old 02-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #14606
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Holy cow dude I am going to be running the same set up after this weekend. Only I have the expos and 5100 up front right now. Putting the kings on this weekend. I am running a LR uCA. I really like them but need to do the bushing upgrade. Still got the old ones. Do you have any pics of your truck you can post??
Hey man,

I haven't installed yet. Just have all my parts - last thing I need is UCA's so I am trying to decide what I am doing with that portion of this new set up.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #14607
TIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Billstein 5100's with OEM springs the past weekend. I love the ride, but have to get my ToyTech/Eibach springs shortly to lower the shocks down.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #14608
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Put on the new Fox smoothies I got. I made shock hoops for them outside the frame, welded them up myself using just an angle grinder and a basic Lincoln 140 welder. I'm pretty stoked with how they came out

Old 02-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #14609
SoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
SoCalGhost2's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I have a situation with my UCA resting on my Coil overs at full drupe. Does anyone know what i should do? Sorry there sideways

Old 02-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #14610
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Good day gentlemen...need some advice on a lift and not getting much help in other threads I've posted in.

Looking for a 3" lift. Was thinking about going with the Icon stage 1 extended travel (almost all of my offroad ventures are hilly rock climbs on CO trails, no desert runs so I think the resi's would be overkill). So was thinking stage 1 with LR UCA's and Dakar leaf pack since I do some towing. Question is, will the Icon be overkill considering how I will wheel it (probably a couple times a month)? Should I go with OME or Toytec ULK instead? Thanks for the help, fellas!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #14611
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
UCA's on the wrong side?
that's exactly what it is, I checked my TC's for you and they are the opposite of yours.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #14612
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGhost2 View Post
Hey guys I have a situation with my UCA resting on my Coil overs at full drupe. Does anyone know what i should do? Sorry there sideways

damn... do you coil bind at bump!? i think you need a longer coil.

edit: or atleast a tapered spring plate on the bottom
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #14613
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksdenn2 View Post
that's exactly what it is, I checked my TC's for you and they are the opposite of yours.
You guys have second gens, the guy asking is a first gen
Old 02-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #14615
SoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksdenn2 View Post
S%$T! That is what I was hoping it wasn't. Some know it all guy helped me and I was new at this and followed his lead. This is going to be a hole days project.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #14616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
no they are right. He is a 1st gen.

I don't think you could put them on backwards.
What could be the cause then?? I could release some of the pressure on the coils but it still bumps.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #14617
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
damn... do you coil bind at bump!? i think you need a longer coil.

edit: or atleast a tapered spring plate on the bottom
IDK I checked a buddies mid travel and the only thing he had different was a 2.5 coil over instead of a 2.0 like mine and his didn't even get close at full drupe.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #14618
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Spin your spring 180º and see if it clears. You are in a tough spot because the coil gaps are very close at the first turn of the coil since your pre-load is cranked down some.. Might gain you just enough though
Old 02-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #14620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Spin your spring 180º and see if it clears. You are in a tough spot because the coil gaps are very close at the first turn of the coil since your pre-load is cranked down some.. Might gain you just enough though
That's what i'll do. I just hate to think it's going to sit that close all the time.

Products Discussed in this Thread