Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #16041
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Yes

How big of lift spindles are they?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #16042
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
How big of lift spindles are they?
Camburg 4"... funny thing is with stock ucas and billies at 1.5 with factory springs i didnt have this problem(or i didnt know i had it).
Old 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #16043
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Camburg 4"... funny thing is with stock ucas and billies at 1.5 with factory springs i didnt have this problem(or i didnt know i had it).
So 4" lift spindles and 1.5" of lift from the coilovers? Your at 5.5 up front?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #16044
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You looking for another dick pic?

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #16045
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #16046
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So 4" lift spindles and 1.5" of lift from the coilovers? Your at 5.5 up front?
Prolly so
Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #16047
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Prolly so
LOL

how "extended" are the co's?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #16048
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
LOL

Pics are posted on the last page... they are half as ext as i got them from the previous owner
Old 06-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #16049

Quote:
LOL

I was slowly making my way there...
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #16050

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the more lift you apply the less down travel you will have.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #16051
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the more lift you apply the less down travel you will have.
That is correct but the spindle lift wouldnt count. It gives lift from below the lca which keeps alll the suspension geometry factory. So what would limit my downtravel would just be from the coilovers that arent "that" cranked up.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #16052

Your ucas don't look like they are at that bad of an angle. Does UCA bottom out at full droop? I'm stumped.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #16053
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your ucas don't look like they are at that bad of an angle. Does UCA bottom out at full droop? I'm stumped.
Yea the uniball top nut is smacking the backside of the arm after only 1 3/8" of downtravel1
Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #16054
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery

whats that second washer for?

is the misalignment spacer on inside top smushed yet?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #16055
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

whats that second washer for?

is the misalignment spacer on inside top smushed yet?
Im not sure on either one of those. I got everything used no instructions
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #16056

You got me wondering what mine is at so I measure. Looks like I'm a little over 2.5? You might just want to take off some preload?

Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #16057
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
If your running spindles take out all the preloaded.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #16058
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
If your running spindles take out all the preloaded.
Ummm no. And why? I want more lift from my coilovers, more than i have with just the spindles. I still should have the same downtravel as most 4x4s as they have similar amounts of preload..
Old 06-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #16059
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ummm no. And why? I want more lift from my coilovers, more than i have with just the spindles. I still should have the same downtravel as most 4x4s as they have similar amounts of preload..
Figured that the spindle would provide the lift so there was no need to crank the coilovers. But if you wanted more lift then I get it.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #16060
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't look like much down travel if this is ride height. Probably rides harsh too.

Products Discussed in this Thread