LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100s set at 2.5 with stock ucas?

Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
BenH is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s set at 2.5 with stock ucas?

My friend was saying that if I adjust the bilsteins to 2.5 he thinks I won't like how it rides because it will be alot stiffer on the stock ucas. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the bilsteins set at 2.5 with the stock ucas thnx for any help, Ben
Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine. Any lift over 3" would need UCA to keep your alignment in spec. Stiffness of that lift has nothing to do with the UCA anyways. You get the stiff ride because on that adjustable shock, your compressing how much downtravel the shock/spring has, causing it to be a more stiff ride. I have heard many people feel the ride at 2.5" is better than the stock ride anyways, and some dont, either way, billy shocks are good shocks, and you shouldnt be dissapointed.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I have been running stock uca and 5100s at 2.5 for over a year now. IMO get the eibachs with 5100s or go for OME. The 5100s are nice but mine have stiffened up and are starting to ride worse it seems every mile I go. Just my .02
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I should also mention my alignment was within factory specs, it may not have been perfect but it was within spec.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
"In spec" can mean the following:

Camber @ 1.2* and Caster @ .5*

While those might be "In spec", the alignment needs to be more precise when larger tires are used. Camber should be below .4*, and caster needs to be greater than 2.2* or so.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
BenH is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
Thnx for all the help I'm just going to set them at 2.5 and if I don't like the ride I'll get new ucas. I'm planing on putting the pro comp mud terrain 32 tires on it when I get some money
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenH View Post
Thnx for all the help I'm just going to set them at 2.5 and if I don't like the ride I'll get new ucas. I'm planing on putting the pro comp mud terrain 32 tires on it when I get some money
Again, uca's won't affect the stiffness of the ride.... I think your mistaken about this. If you want a softer ride, you will need 885x springs, or eibach springs to go with your 5100's
Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
"In spec" can mean the following:

Camber @ 1.2* and Caster @ .5*

While those might be "In spec", the alignment needs to be more precise when larger tires are used. Camber should be below .4*, and caster needs to be greater than 2.2* or so.
Yea I agree with Chris and also the weight of the 285 is much greater than the stock tire making every little degree more noticeable
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you check out the maxtrac spindles in the groupbuy section. Its a bit more but you wont worry aboit buying uca yada yada yada....lol i have the 5100 lifted at 2.5 and im going to get those spindles then lower it to zero or. 85.....
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Oh i didnt realize he was a 4x4.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #11

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, not to thread jack but ill b getting some if the price is right. I will then set my 5100 at zero or. 85 to give me better travel and im hitting up DSM on monday to get my 5150 shocks.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
vtachtom is on a distinguished road
Name: Tommy
vtachtom's Tacoma Gallery
can anyone help?

Nice thread guys. I wanted to know if any of you can help me

I have a 2005 DC LB prerunner, about 6 months ago I installed the Billy 5100's and Deaver AAL. I kept my stock 17 in rims and put a 33 inch procomp all terrain tire on. I am running stock upper and lower control arms and the billys are set at the 2.5 setting with stock spring. Obviously the stock rims have no back spacing so I put spacers on to get clearance i wanted.

the problem I am having is that my tires are now wearing on the outside of the both front tires. I think this is because the camber is off too far in the positive direction. what would correct the geometry of my front wheels? Is it instaling Uppercontrol arms or lower control arms or both or am i way off base all together?

thanks Tom