LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's OME 885's spacers or no

Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
ComaChic will become famous soon enough

ComaChic's Tacoma Gallery
5100's OME 885's spacers or no

Have stock Trd sport. 4x4 4 door long bed. 3" spacer from PO and add a leaf. All is fine but needs new shocks. And for the money I rather ditch the spacers and do OME Coils. Told I can get 2.5" w 885 coils and 5100's at max. Will they clear my bfgoodrich at 285/75-16 tires on Atx Mojave wheels 4.5 back spacing. Right now I clear fine maybe tiny rub on a bump while turning but all is perfect. I'm happy to not uses a top spacer but don't wanna get all together and be in need after. Truck has 100k on stock billys an coils so I'm sure it sagged.

Info thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Edit: tire size 285/75-16
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #4

So w the 5100 it says 0-2.5 or whatever that would be to use stock prong? So it's extended length would reach fine for a longer spring. Then I could use the ome spring, and increase a bit of I needed height no? If that makes sense haha.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaChic View Post
So w the 5100 it says 0-2.5 or whatever that would be to use stock prong? So it's extended length would reach fine for a longer spring. Then I could use the ome spring, and increase a bit of I needed height no? If that makes sense haha.

You don't wanna put over 3" of lift on your truck with the ome springs and 5100's. You'll mess some stuff up. If you want more than 3" then you need to go with a different lift. Truthfully if you are going with new shocks n springs and get the OME springs, you might as well go with the whole OME kit. Shocks springs n all. That will give you maximum lift without cutting your crossmember out.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #6

Yea don't get me wrong I don't want over 3". I am fine w new shocks as springs that give me 2 or 2.5" lift an ill take the minimum to clear tires so my cv angles r safe and close to alignment. Sorry If I am misunderstood.

SO! With new 5100's and OME 885 coils. I can set shocks to 0 and be able to be close to clearing my tires? Worse case is if they do not an I need a 1/2" something like that I could turn shock up a bit right, gaining small lift to clear. Like I said its all stock now w a 3" spacer an fits, and in sure sagged after a 06 went 100k miles.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #7

Also do I order this shim for driver side lean. Never noticed it but while I'm here and working and buying haha
Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaChic View Post
Also do I order this shim for driver side lean. Never noticed it but while I'm here and working and buying haha
Yeah, get the shim. I've got the 5100's on mine and I notice the lean a lil more now. As far as dialing in your shocks for more lift, I don't think you can with the 885's. The next setting up from zero on the 5100's is 0.85" which potentially will give you more than 3". If you get any tire rub after this lift then you may have to trim a bit where it's rubbing.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #9

Ok sounds good. But as in asking will my 286/75-16 4.5 backspace wheel setup fit or MAYBE run a little bit w that setup of 5100's and 885 springs.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
fwiw
(perfecttekniq's) truck w/ 5100's set @ .85 + OME 885's test fitting my 285/75/16 km2.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #11

Thnk you! Just want I wanted to hear and see. So I could still run them at 0 setting or .85.

Did they clear fine turning? Would you say it's fine at 0 setting
Old 01-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I have 885s and my 5100s set at .85...

I have been reading that it is not safe to do tho. It can damage the shock.

Some get 2.5 of lift but avg lift with 885s is around 2
Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #13

Ok sounds fine to be an I rather keep it minimum.

What time tire are you running. And all I want to know is that my tires will fit.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
285s will rub

Every meet I go to they all run 285s and they all rub. Fix was body mount chop.

Im running 265s
Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #15

Then how am I runnings 285/75-16 right now w just a 3" spacer kit on stock clapped out springs and shocks and doesn't rub a bit. Close. But only a little when u pull into a dip or such. Which we are fine with but it's not to bad.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
It does not rub when you have youre wheels turned?

Yes they clear going straight. But what about turning?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
I am kind of in the same situation. Already have the 5100's on the rear w/ an Icon 1.5" aal and running a 2.5"spacer in front on stock shocks & coils. I have the 5100's for the front and am planning on running the 885X coil but want to stay between 2.5 and 3" cause I don't have any vibe now. Seems everyone gets different heights from the 885X coils in the range of 2.5 - over 3. Depends on if you are a DC, LB, 4X, ect... You should be fine and not have rub issues with 285/75/16's unless you wheel alot and stuff your tires. If you do wheel you will rub at full lock but as others have said cab mount chop will take care of that.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
Most get less then 2.5 of lift. They sell a 3/4 inch spacer to get it too a 3inch lift.

They will settle so you may start at 2.5 but it will settle to like 2 and a quarter.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
I have read a bunch of threads on here that are saying the new 885X coils don't settle as much as the old 885. but like I said seems like everyone gets different results depending on what ever that person is running and how they drive or have driven their trucks.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #20

We will never wheel it. Well tow a little, and use the bed of course. 4x4 for winter roads and if we're out in the mud or so. Right now I can drive as normally and I believe I hit full lock an had no issues. I have felt a little rub from bumps while at turn slow speeds and I'm fine with that all my trucks rub just a little at full lock. Happens an we're all find w it I'll be happy trimming a little if needed. Not gonna go and move a body mount but if needed I am fine with welding and doing all that, just seems over the top.

So maybe for a 59.99 charge that TOYTEC charges sounds like a safe bet so I can run my 885 and 5100's at 0 setting and not risk damage to shock and be close or just under 3" marker. Can always take out if not needed.