LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LOWERED 4x4...right or rong

Old 07-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
motocross is on a distinguished road
motocross's Tacoma Gallery
LOWERED 4x4...right or rong

hi im new here because im going to buy a tacoma its a 1997 4x4 2.7L 4cyl its got 32" tires and 2" susp lift, i already own a ford ranger thats lifted and nice and hard on gas, this will be my truck to drive back and foreth from university so i need something with really good gas milage. i like lifted trucks and especially because of the roads around here but it herts the wallet, so my idea is i could lower it abit and put some nice 20" rims on it, i no its a 4x4 but thats my problem no one makes a lowering kit for a 4x4 tacoma so how would i lower it, the backs no problem but im not sure how to lower the front, would 2wd tacoma springs work ? and how much would they drop it ? also i would be tacking the lift out.

motocross
Old 07-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Lemme get this straight, you have a lifted 4x4, but you want to lower it. Why not just get a mini to begin with?

It would be more headache than it's worth... really. Do a search on the customtacos.com forums and you'll get an idea.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say drop the ranger...off a cliff...haha....j/k...i'd keep the taco as is
Old 07-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
motocross is on a distinguished road
motocross's Tacoma Gallery
i would agree with the drop ranger off a cliff, my experience with the ranger hasnt been very good, the reason im geting this 4x4 is because hes always been friends with my family and its a 1997 that im getting very very cheap, its only a spacer lift in the front and blocks in the back, the tires are abit worn and the rims arnt that nice, my rangers already lifted so i wanted something clean with low pro's. so how would i lower the front end ...take out the spacer and put in 2wd coils ?

if i do keep it lifted i want to lift it more, how much susp lift can i get without having to change drop brackets and stuff, i dont no much about these iv just been into rangers. also where can i get a nice set of rims for these and what bolt pattern it this truck thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think you can go about 3" before you need to worry about your CV angles and the like.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
Panama Red is on a distinguished road
Panama Red's Tacoma Gallery
Even at 3", people have started noticing that their CV boots are starting to rub. As they say "there is no free lunch".