1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" procomp tire size questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sage, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    IIRC the procomp spindles require a 17 in wheel min for clearance, Idk about Fabtech. Likely the same.

If you're dead set on the 6"....better have some capital for wheels/ tires just in case the above IS true. GL.

2. Feb 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    you can't use spindle lifts on 4x4s, since they wont work with CVs

there's members that have ordered custom leaf packs for the rear with their 6" packs, so that they can ditch the blocks

also, you cant use shackle lifts on 2nd gens without a flip kit (IIRC)

Have you considered putting that money towards a good 3"? for that money you can get a decent coilover set with a new leaf pack that will ride and handle much better

3. Feb 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Sage

Sage [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone .... Konaborne my truck is 2wd TRD can I just go spindle in the front with an aal in the back ? That would be about 4.5 right and add on later ...

4. Feb 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    ah....sorry about that :anonymous:

aal's in the back will get you around 2"

you might end up a little nose high

5. Feb 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Sage

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    That's kinda what I would like will that cause any driveline issues. I love the prerunner look with some glassworks front finders .... Also can I tow with that angle ...

6. Feb 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
    N8iV Warrior

N8iV Warrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Indian Reservation Not by Choice
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Dble Cab Trd Sport 6" fabtech lift
    6" Fabtech lift, 34" tires , AFE Cold air intake, Cobra wxst75 cb, Rocky Mountain Radar, L.e.d Headlights, L.e.d maplights,dome light, license plate lights, Tinted frnt windows 35% to match rear windows. ARB bumper with XD-9000 Warn Winch, Pro-Tech HeadAche rack with Pro-Tech Toolbox, Icon Front Coilovers for 6" Fabtech lift, Blacked out Taillights PIAA plasma ION 520 Lights, AFE CAI Pro Dry S Filter, 22" Led light bar, Yakima Mega Warrior basket
    [​IMG] here's mine witha 6" Fabtech lift no problems at all wheeling and it is a 4.50" backspacing and i am not able to find wheels to use on my truck I have to go with 18" or 20" wheels which sucks with this lift i would like more choices.

7. Feb 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM
    pa blaster

pa blaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    central pa
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's front & rear , Eibach springs, LR uca,Icon progressive aal
    thats what i just ordered is it the stage 2 w/dirtlogic 2.5'' coil over? i went with 17x9 6x5.5 os 12mm bs 4.53'' kmc-xd's spy's blk machined

8. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    if you're set on 'go big or go home'....get some spindles...you'll keep your stock geometry...get some good (pick your color) coilovers...for an added 3 inches...you'll be around 7" up front...expensive, but if you have the money to go 'big'...you should have no problems with that..

plus...you can use 16" wheels with spindles, and it wont be a drop bracket.

go big brah!

9. Feb 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    Sage

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    So I can just do a spindle and spacer in the front and a aal in the back that will get me about 6" ... Will I be able to use stock shocks for now .. Also will I be able to use my 16" rims ... I can always add on later ...

I know mark just said that but just want to be sure b4 I go buy everything thanks mark

Thanks everyone for your help...

10. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    if that's the setup you want...maybe spindles and a 1.5" thick over the top spacer...that'll give you the extra ~3"...but you know what they say about spacers...totally up to you...then UCAS for proper alignment...it'll work I think. as for 6" in the rear...I don't know...you might want to check out what they use on the DB kits...most likely an AAL and a 4" block...

Edit: my first front lift was a 3" over the top spacer...it was a harsh ride. I'm just providing info for what you want. It'll work, but it might not be the best...if you're set on 6 inches and have 16" wheels...spindles will work because the procomp/fabtech will require a 17" wheel atleast...some sweet coilovers would be better than the spacer...but that's up to you.

11. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
    Sage

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    Just saw that group buy on spindles is it sill going on ... Can I get inon that 420 price I saw that the post was old ... If I go 4" blocks for now will I have any driveline issues .. Just tring to piece together on a budget.. Hopefully I'll have some money for coil overs if I can use my bfg's

Thanks for your help

12. Feb 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    that group buy is no more...they're working on getting on getting another one going...but the $420 price is less than likely...I was one of the first to get these spindles...so far so good...no issues with install and everything fits...im running spindles plus 5100's at 1.75...ride is good. much better than when I had them at 2.5..im around ~5.5" with that setup...but i haven't measured for exact numbers...i'm also on a budget and can't afford sweet coilovers at the time...but they're on my to do...as for rear, i have an AAL...my nose is higher than my rear..but i have a leaf pack waiting to be installed...just havent had time or money for rear shocks...so keep researching man, and look at the spindle lift thread...you'll find some good looking trucks...i strongly believe that spindles are the way to go...don't know how these maxtrac spindles will hold, but i have no problem being a lab rat...i will make a thread when i've had them on and tested them out some more...but, but like i said, so far so good and i'm happy with the purchase...i still got a good price on them. hope this helps man!

13. Feb 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Sage

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    Please let me know if you guys get another group buy ... I think I'm set on spindle with coil overs. I'm just torn on blocks or try to get new Leif packs wish I could just do shackle ext and be done with it ... Stoked to get back on some trails without having to tow the cj ... THats a pain in the ass if you just want to play for the day...

Thanks mark the obvious was there just didn't put 2 and 2 together...

Love this fourm

Products Discussed in

To Top