Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" procomp tire size questions

Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Sage is on a distinguished road

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
Another new guy 6" lift questions

So I have a 2007 TRD sport and want to go 6" not to familiar with IFS, I've see a lot of stuff about only being able to run 17" or bigger rims I have some all terran BFG's that are 275 75 16 and want to use them to save money can I do so without spacers and is it safe. I have a rock crawler that I want to tow and some trail riding can I do this and if I go 6" will those tires look too small with the lift ... Any pics would help ....

bTW love this forum
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #3

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to run 16" rims for now but not sure if it's able to be done without spacers ... Also what's an ideal rim size to run for trail riding ... Also do you guys think those tires will look to small with a 6" lift ... Lastly am I good towing about 4500 to 5000 pounds with blocks in the rear ... On a budget but will replace with a new leaf pack eventually ..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #4

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
.......help.....
Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
do some searching around the forum, you'll find the info you want!

16's will be fine, again it depends on the wheel. Most guys are running 16-17" wheels for trails
tire size varies, from 32's up to 37's

275's should look fine, maybe a little small but itll work.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #6

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
6" procomp tire size questions

So I have a 2007 TRD sport and want to go 6" not to familiar with IFS, I've see a lot of stuff about only being able to run 17" or bigger rims I have some all terran BFG's that are 275 75 16 and want to use them to save money can I do so without spacers and is it safe. I have a rock crawler that I want to tow and some trail riding can I do this and if I go 6" will those tires look too small with the lift ... Any pics would help ....

bTW love this forum
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #11

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry konaborne I just thought I might not have posted in the right forum and wanted a straight answer ... Thanks for your help
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #12

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking go big or go home ... But what's everyone's thoughts on spindle lifts and can I add on to them later on ... I'd like to go bigger than 6" but don't want body lift and hate blocks but if I have to do them for now I will ... What about a spindle in front and a shackle ext in the rear .. Keep in mind this is my daily driver and I want to tow with it every once in a while...
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I'm thinking go big or go home ... But what's everyone's thoughts on spindle lifts and can I add on to them later on ... I'd like to go bigger than 6" but don't want body lift and hate blocks but if I have to do them for now I will ... What about a spindle in front and a shackle ext in the rear .. Keep in mind this is my daily driver and I want to tow with it every once in a while...
if you want a off road preformance got with a 3 inch. this is coming from a guy that has 6 inch that wheels alot.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #14

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
I love the look manwithoutaplan truck looks sick so you don't like your 6" ... This is my daily driver I have a 1977 cj 7 for the big stuff ... Do you think I can tow my rock crawler with my taco ?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love the look manwithoutaplan truck looks sick so you don't like your 6" ... This is my daily driver I have a 1977 cj 7 for the big stuff ... Do you think I can tow my rock crawler with my taco ?
should be fine if gas mileage isn't a problem!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thank you. if you want to just show it off not to do much off roading go with the 6 inch. but if you want to do alot of romping around go with 3 inch preformance lift. YEa you should be able to tow your 1977 cj i guess i just depends on the weight of trailer .
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #17

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
That rig is only 3500 pounds and I'm guessing about 1000 pounds for the trailer ... Just a flat bed .. Manwithoutaplan have you had and problems with your lift ...
Old 02-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #18

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
When I go 6" can I use those 16" tires without a spacer if I go 4.5 back spacing ... And is it safe don't want to ruin my taco ..
Old 02-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #19
the full Monty

Quote:
That rig is only 3500 pounds and I'm guessing about 1000 pounds for the trailer ... Just a flat bed .. Manwithoutaplan have you had and problems with your lift ...
Quote:
When I go 6" can I use those 16" tires without a spacer if I go 4.5 back spacing ... And is it safe don't want to ruin my taco ..

you should be fine then towing. No i have not had any problem with. I have had some injuries but those were self inflicted :/. You can try the 16 inch, but i think procomp/fabtech recommends 17 inch.