Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension sag

Old 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
suspension sag

ok heres my problem, i need you guys for solutions. the more i look at my truck the more i notice how much my truck has lowered since i put the spacer lift on. which i new was gonna happen its obviosly gonna settle in. the reas is still fine its just the front that seems to have dropped the most since the install. everytime i look at it it gets to me more and more. what can i do to fix this besides a whole new coilover kit which i dont have the money for????
Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe its in your head?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
It's not the height of the truck big guy, its what you do with it...
Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

no its def not in my head. compared to the first day the lift was done it used to be higher for sure
Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Same here:

I noticed the same issue. Actually get more rubbing from normal driving that never had at first.

Stock springs will sag. Some sooner than others depending on driving habits.

My solution is a set of Toytech Coilovers set at 3.25"
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

The Bisteins are better with that set up than the OEM ones on our trucks.

And those Eibach springs should last longer also.

Search around, study up, and only buy what makes you happy, because in the end you will end up spending lots of cash if you dont do it right in the first try.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
depending on how much it has sagged...you may be able to put a set of trim packers up there with your coils and get the little bit of difference back.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
When looking at the truck from the front is it on both sides or only on the driver's side?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my front has sagged down over time, especially since i got my bumper on. seems like the back is an inch higher and the AAL has flattened out too. it used to be level. I think im going to do the Toytec bilstein CO kit when i get the money to do it.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
When looking at the truck from the front is it on both sides or only on the driver's side?
i was wondering the same thing. if its the typical driver side sag......a trim packer should work pretty good to get it back level.....if thats the case.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #10

thanks for all the input. and no its on both sides. i figured a coilover kit would fix it, but thats def not in the cards for me anytime soon i can live with it for now. i still love my truck!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #11
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
you may not need to do a coilover kit(although it would be great). maybe just try upgrading the front suspension with some heavier coils and new shocks.should bring it back up. its always gonna settle but i think that having a better coil in the front will have less sag than the stock ones.