Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 Tacoma 3" Lift What's the largest tire I can run?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
RUQWKNF27 is on a distinguished road
RUQWKNF27's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma 3" Lift What's the largest tire I can run?

From just what I have seen a 285/65/18 is a good size to run. But also wondering about a 295/70/18 . I really do not want to start cutting on anything to make it work. The truck is a 2wd and will never be offroad.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You will probably have to trim for 285s. You will for sure with 295s.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWKNF27 View Post
From just what I have seen a 285/65/18 is a good size to run. But also wondering about a 295/70/18 . I really do not want to start cutting on anything to make it work. The truck is a 2wd and will never be offroad.
I am pretty sure you are going to have to cut with both the sizes you listed but I could be wrong. You won't notice that you need to trim until you had a speed bump or are at full lock in reverse.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
you can fit 315/90/16's no problem. just a little nip and tuck here and there
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3 inch toytec with TC UCA's and run 285's with no trimming and I don't rub at all. Could go 315 with some taken off here and there
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
You can run 295s with tons of trimming... I run 285s and I still rub with the amount of trimming I've done..
Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with all these answers is they are mostly misleading - thus my BS first post.

People say they don't rub, but never tell you they have never taken their truck offroad or their caster is set at 4* so they don't rub.

My truck rubs the rear of the fender running 265/70/17 with 2" of lift (Kings) and TC UCA's.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
The problem with all these answers is they are mostly misleading - thus my BS first post.

People say they don't rub, but never tell you they have never taken their truck offroad or their caster is set at 4* so they don't rub.

My truck rubs the rear of the fender running 265/70/17 with 2" of lift (Kings) and TC UCA's.
Dont you mean .4*?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont you mean .4*?

I'm 99.9% sure I mean 4.0*

I'm currently at 2.4* and rub like a SOB. I was much better at 2.9 - 3.0*

I know a guy who said he is at 4* so he doesn't rub his monster tires
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 255/85/16s (a hair taller than 285s) on 1st Gen TRDs with no cutting, chopping or rubbing. And yes I go off road.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
People who say they don't rub with 285's are blowing it out their ass. You WILL have to trim. Some people go as far as doing a cab mount chop.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Ah. Ok. I was thinking you had stock UCA's May bad.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I'm running 255/85/16s (a hair taller than 285s) on 1st Gen TRDs with no cutting, chopping or rubbing. And yes I go off road.
Those tires are also more narrow...
Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Don't you have some odd caster setting right now ?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nevermind , lol
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Those tires are also more narrow...
Yes I know 255 < 285
Old 02-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ah. Ok. I was thinking you had stock UCA's May bad.
Oh I do have stock UCA's....they just aren't on me truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Don't you have some odd caster setting right now ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nevermind , lol
derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
People who say they don't rub with 285's are blowing it out their ass. You WILL have to trim. Some people go as far as doing a cab mount chop.
I agree. "Web wheelers" don't rub with 285's.

Where's Ant when you need him? He has 3" lift, 1" body lift, cab mount chop, pinch weld beat in, and still rubs when we go out wheeling with his 285's.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Oh I do have stock UCA's....they just aren't on me truck
Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Here is Ant's truck the last time we did mild wheeling together http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4403224

Like I said 285's on 3" of lift and 1" body lift and still major rubbing of the fenders.

Needs longer bump stops
Old 02-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't have any rubbing with 285's at full stuff full lock. I did with 315's even with glass. I would suggest 285's.