Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Trying to figure out lift and tires; need definitive answers

Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Do it man, you're not the first to do that combo! That's a pretty basic lift and should fit 33" AT's with trimming. Not sure on 1st gens but you may need wheel spacers to clear the stock wheels and the UCA's??? Did you search?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Do it man, you're not the first to do that combo! That's a pretty basic lift and should fit 33" AT's with trimming. Not sure on 1st gens but you may need wheel spacers to clear the stock wheels and the UCA's??? Did you search?
this!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
dear lord, i deleted the part in the op about me searching. but yes, i looked around, searched and asked many questions and i got a bunch of maybes and it might works. but nobody said "yes i have tried to fit 33s on stock wheels and it rubbed frame at full lock/no it did not rub frame"

edit: just looked at it, with 33s it will be close i believe, im thinking 1/4" wheelers spacers will be enough to give it that little extra bit of breathing room
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, wheel spacers "should" push the tire out enough to clear the frame. Your main issue (at least for 2nd gens) is clearing the UCA! Thats why most guys run a new wheel with 4.5" BS for that reason. Just do it and see! Usually solving one problem leads to another.......but thats part of the fun!

Edit - Actually, are the stock tires 10.5"? If so, you're just getting a taller tire and should be fine! A wider tire will give you the most issue.......trimming plastic is easy!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
dear lord, i deleted the part in the op about me searching. but yes, i looked around, searched and asked many questions and i got a bunch of maybes and it might works. but nobody said "yes i have tried to fit 33s on stock wheels and it rubbed frame at full lock/no it did not rub frame"
If it's that close where some rub and some don't, it's likely determined by the shape of the side-tread of the tire and how aggressive that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Your main issue (at least for 2nd gens) is clearing the UCA! Thats why most guys run a new wheel with 4.5" BS for that reason.
The first gens have 4.5" BS from the factory.