Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Daystar Stinger Bump Stops, or Cheap Bump Alt (vs Timbren?)

Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Daystar Stinger Bump Stops, or Cheap Bump Alt (vs Timbren?)

Hey guys,

Well I searched and haven't found anything on these. They seem to be the cheapest route at bump cans...any experience with these? I will be getting all pro flip kit and didnt like the idea of paying $200 for rubber stops

Daystar Stinger Bump Stops
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-26466.html
$209 for the pair

Or there are these too...I could weld these on?
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...ate-p-208.html
$90 a pair
Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
if you want bumps you can call kartek and get fox with bump cans for like 350
Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Thx, yeah bit cheaper...well in this case I'd get all four for $175, $15 cheaper if I went with wheelers instead of just rear Timbrens..and half price compared to cans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
if you want bumps you can call kartek and get fox with bump cans for like 350
Is that for 2? or 4? (I'm sure its 2 hehe)

I dunno if its worth waiting to get rear cans or just get superbumps all around. I'm a weekend warrior on the rare trailing side, but I push it when I get out there tho....
Old 02-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
sydwayz04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
sydwayz04's Tacoma Gallery
i am running the daystar bumps with fox cans on my crawler and love them, i fell for the price u cant beet them
Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydwayz04 View Post
i am running the daystar bumps with fox cans on my crawler and love them, i fell for the price u cant beet them
hmh. good to know.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
tagg'd for future reference as I'll be doing leaf pack swap w/flip kit.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pyramids and like them in the rear
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

If you get the Wheelers rear without the steel towers the price drops significantly - call Dan for exact pricing.

With 31's the Wheelers are perfect for my set up and I have about 3/4" gap between tire/fender when compressed (static).

Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It seems like the Timbrens have a different function that the hydraulic bump stop or just a regular rubber bump stop. The timbrens are almost like a secondary overload spring rather than just a solid rubber bump.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It seems like the Timbrens have a different function that the hydraulic bump stop or just a regular rubber bump stop. The timbrens are almost like a secondary overload spring rather than just a solid rubber bump.

Wheelers aren't a solid rubber...it's a hybrid of sorts.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I have the pyramids and like them in the rear
look at the guys sig though, you dont do that haha. if you plan on doing what you do in that sig you really need good bumps
Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
look at the guys sig though, you dont do that haha. if you plan on doing what you do in that sig you really need good bumps
the scary part is, I think he did that when he was stock!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #14

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
the scary part is, I think he did that when he was stock!
Boooooo! .....but its true...

I'm looking at fox 2.0 x 4" bump stops now, $171 each at DSM
Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
Boooooo! .....but its true...

I'm looking at fox 2.0 x 4" bump stops now, $171 each at DSM

lol

for the front you want 2 inch and the rear you want 4in just so you know.

i got bumps at kartek, cans, limit straps, clevis's, resi mounts ETC for under 500 bucks

call them and say you are building a race truck and they should give you racer discount.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #16

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol

for the front you want 2 inch and the rear you want 4in just so you know.

i got bumps at kartek, cans, limit straps, clevis's, resi mounts ETC for under 500 bucks

call them and say you are building a race truck and they should give you racer discount.
Dang, front and back you got for that deal? What brand bumps?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
Banned
not front and back... just 2 sorry lol. and fox bumpe