Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suggestions for a 3 inch lift

Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for a 3 inch lift

First lift and do not really know enough about them to make a decision. I would like to find a kit or site that provides all need items, or tells you what you need. Any suggestions would help.
Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
first off i would check this link out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

then decide what you want to go with and what you have the money for. then there are plenty of places to look at that can set you up with what you need..
www.toyteclifts.com
www.downsouthmotorsports.com
www.wheelersoffroad.com
www.demello-offroad.com they have the icon front coilovers, bilstein rear shocks and add a leafs for $1300 i believe.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #3

Thanks for the links. I have done some research on lifting my truck and have found spacers for the front, a diff drop kit, and aal for the rear. Is there anything else I'll need to lift my truck (shocks, ect.). Also what companies are suggested? I like the procomp aal but haven't been able to find them for my 08.
Thanks again
Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #5

mainly for looks, and drivability. I put about 50-60 miles on it a day driving to and from school and work. I like the ready lift sst package but it doesn't have an aal option. I am pretty mechanically incline and will do the install myself, and some friends. After the install I will just need to get it realigned and thats it right?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TRD4X4RadientRed View Post
After the install I will just need to get it realigned and thats it right?
Yep.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mainly for looks, and drivability. I put about 50-60 miles on it a day driving to and from school and work. I like the ready lift sst package but it doesn't have an aal option. I am pretty mechanically incline and will do the install myself, and some friends. After the install I will just need to get it realigned and thats it right?
a great kit for you would be one of toytec's 3 inch kits, one that comes with front coils and rear aal's. you can use your stock shocks with them, or get a different set of shocks that will ride comfortably. ome and bilstein both have some great shocks. and after you are done with the lift............an alignment will be needed. also.......it isnt necessary, but for total alignment, an aftermarket set of uca's is a good idea...although they are a bit pricey. you can always get those later on down the road and install them then.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #10

I think I'm going to go with the TOYTEC 3 inch lift with the AAL's. I think I'll also get the Bilstein 5100. Good combo? and some UCA, hopefully for Christmas. What about rear shocks? (needed/not needed?)
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think I'm going to go with the TOYTEC 3 inch lift with the AAL's. I think I'll also get the Bilstein 5100. Good combo? and some UCA, hopefully for Christmas. What about rear shocks? (needed/not needed?)
yep....to me,thats a good combo, and the 5100's ride awesomely!! the 5100's in the rear will be ok for you too, especially since you will be on the road alot with it. and the uca's are an excellent idea also.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya alot of guys on here are running the ome 885 front coils with the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and loving it. i would definately go with something along that line instead of using the coil spacers. the spacers will put too much pressure on you joints and bushings and such. especially since you have the 4x4. definately dont forget to get the diff drop kit. and alignment after you get the kit installed and after you throw larger wheel/tire combos as well.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
ya alot of guys on here are running the ome 885 front coils with the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and loving it. i would definately go with something along that line instead of using the coil spacers. the spacers will put too much pressure on you joints and bushings and such. especially since you have the 4x4. definately dont forget to get the diff drop kit. and alignment after you get the kit installed and after you throw larger wheel/tire combos as well.
yep.......and when using the 5100's with some aftermarket coils.....keep them on the stock setting. dont preload the springs.......not needed.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #14

Do I need after market coils with the 5100 or will the stock one's be alright for now? I think it is only another 60 for the coils though from TOYTEC.
So spacers are not the way to go with 4 wheel drive?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Do I need after market coils with the 5100 or will the stock one's be alright for now? I think it is only another 60 for the coils though from TOYTEC.
So spacers are not the way to go with 4 wheel drive?
the 5100's will work with the stock coils just fine man.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya definately stay away from the spacers. if you can afford it i would go with the ome 885 front springs from toytec. they are designed with a higher load rate that will help keep your dbl cabs front end up off the ground and level with the rest of the truck.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Handsdown- Toytech I would spend the coin and buy the UCA's at the same time. Save yourself the trouble.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
Handsdown- Toytech I would spend the coin and buy the UCA's at the same time. Save yourself the trouble.
Doing them at the same time helps because it's easier to remove and replace the coilovers with the UCA off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
ya definately stay away from the spacers. if you can afford it i would go with the ome 885 front springs from toytec. they are designed with a higher load rate that will help keep your dbl cabs front end up off the ground and level with the rest of the truck.
And based on the amount you drive, I don't think you'd like spacers.

Also, if you're looking at the OME coils and are thinking about replacing the shocks at the same time, look at the OME shocks. They are valved for those springs so they will ride a little better, but the 5100s will work with them too.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
^^ good info.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #20

Thanks everyone for the info. Can't wait to lift my truck.