Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

king vs. icon vs. fox racing coilovers

Old 04-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #241
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to get icons for a first gen with the cdc option ?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #242
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
Is it possible to get icons for a first gen with the cdc option ?
You know it!!!!!! The CDC can be added to any 2.5" shock with a resi
Old 07-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #243
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can I run Extended Travel Icon Coilovers with Camburg Ball Joint UCA's?
Or do I have to use Uniball UCA's?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #245
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Milowilli used Camburg UCAs with an extended travel ball joint from Australia, and Light Racing UCAs use an extended travel ball joint. Other than that, it's uniball time.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #246
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
How do you guys get so much money!!! I'm about to buy a pair of Icon 2.0 Rear with resi. That's all I can afford... Being 17 and jobless sucks.. ahaa
Old 07-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #247
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallhertaco11 View Post
How do you guys get so much money!!! I'm about to buy a pair of Icon 2.0 Rear with resi. That's all I can afford... Being 17 and jobless sucks.. ahaa
i bought the "scratch and dent" icon 2.0 with resi off their website, there was absolutely nothing wrong with them and I paid much less than what they usually run for...
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #248
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallhertaco11 View Post
Dont worry young grasshopper...you too will blow moneys on unnecessary things one day. Besides, you have a badass taco at 17....not worried bout you.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #249
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunxbun View Post
i bought the "scratch and dent" icon 2.0 with resi off their website, there was absolutely nothing wrong with them and I paid much less than what they usually run for...
Hmm that seems like a good idea but I need 6" EXT and they don't have any with resi
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #250
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
According to this guy you are all wrong! BAJA SUSPENSION FOR THE WIN! Not....

Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
Well, I kind of doubt the Baja kit is a waste of money. $1520 for an ICON kit that looks much lesser in quality compared to $1550 for the Baja kit. Both kits come with four shocks and front coils, but the Baja kit has much beefier shocks plus a brake line extension. Brandonxxx's thread DoorDing linked just above points out the details. It seems like a real nice setup. The Baja rear shocks allow some extra extension compared to a 5100 (1.5" more extension). Also the Baja rear Bilstein 5160 shocks are beefier with a remote reservoir.

I looked for some specs on shocks, and it looks like the ICON rear shocks have 1.5" less extended travel than the Bilstein 5160's in the Baja kit. That's a big deal.

I really don't see a better suspension kit for the money. You get 2" of front lift with the Baja kit, I can AAL the rear for lift because you get Bilstein 5160's that extend further than 5100's or ICON. Throw in the buttkicker Bilstein 9100 front shocks with Eibach coils, it's looking like a no-brainer.

The Baja kit seems like a good deal to me, considering Toyota designed this specifically for the Taco, and considering the performance quality of the parts in the kit. I'm looking at $725 (plus $123 shipping) for BudBuilt 4-piece front-to-back skid plates (thanks DoorDing), and $1550 (plus $25 shipping) for a Baja suspension kit. That is only $2425 on the SR5 for great offroad capability, and that's fine with me.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Dont worry young grasshopper...you too will blow moneys on unnecessary things one day. Besides, you have a badass taco at 17....not worried bout you.
Aha thanks man I hope so!! Plan to be a Millwright so maybe that can make some money I can throw into the hole
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #253
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Can I run Extended Travel Icon Coilovers with Camburg Ball Joint UCA's?
Or do I have to use Uniball UCA's?
I'm running them with no issues.......if you can't find a way to cap them I'd just get the uniballs instead. Camburg left the cup open which is a crappy design if you ask me!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #254
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Might be worth considering if you plan to buy Fox suspension.

Seems Fox is going public and some production is going overseas.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...ic-865115.html

PK
Interesting, might invest in them but dont think i would consider buying from them
Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #255
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Interesting, might invest in them but dont think i would consider buying from them
Some production has been oversea's for awhile now already. A lot of the OEM replacement stuff has been outsourced.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #256
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Some production has been oversea's for awhile now already. A lot of the OEM replacement stuff has been outsourced.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #257
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Just what I wanted to read this morning. I am sure all three have a bit of outsourcing..any smart company would do so.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #258
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Just what I wanted to read this morning. I am sure all three have a bit of outsourcing..any smart company would do so.
King and Icon are still all made in the SoCal. Icon uses ProAm for a lot on their machining work, and the other stuff is done at local companies in Anaheim. The bearing are made by FK rod ends in CT.

King is all in house as well.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #259
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I'm running them with no issues.......if you can't find a way to cap them I'd just get the uniballs instead. Camburg left the cup open which is a crappy design if you ask me!
Agreed. As of yet, camburg doesn't have a cap for the cup. I don't think they will do anything about it...if they were going to, they would have already imo. They are focusing more of their R&D on their higher end parts etc.

So you're running Camburg Ball Joint UCA's with Extended Travel Coilovers?