Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

king vs. icon vs. fox racing coilovers

Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #261
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Theo..unless you're planning on taking flight you should be ok.
Or as you said earlier, add limit straps if there's a problem. I may end up strapping front and rear, but until everything is installed, I won't really know if I need them. If it's a close call, I'd rather let a strap take the hit instead of a ball joint or shock.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #262
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
king vs. icon vs. fox racing coilovers-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21374630875.444497.jpg

ICON Vehicle Dynamics
www.iconvehicledynamics.com
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #264
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
WTF...you can't just put that up without a link for me to throw my money at it!!! I'll take them right F'n now! Heck can i drive out to get them...i'm close to you guys.
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...rm-System.html

Matt
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #266
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
I have them already.....I WANT the caps that is covering the uniball!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ico...over-caps.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
Coming in the next few weeks!!!
Matt
Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #268
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
You can pre-order them from any ICON dealer and will be ready to go in the next 2 weeks or so.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics
www.iconvehicledynamics.com
Old 07-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #269
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of Icon UCAs what's a good lube for the billet UCAs? I'm getting some squeaking on turns.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #270
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
So you're running Camburg Ball Joint UCA's with Extended Travel Coilovers?
Yes sir.....but I'd get the Icons!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #271
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guy's

We are currently accepting pre-orders on these. Here is the link to them, but be sure to PM me with your order # so I can verify your TW status and help with shipping =)

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/iconuni...covercaps.aspx
Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #272
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Yes sir.....but I'd get the Icons!
Understood. I've been just having a hard time making up my mind because of the big price difference between Coilovers & Bilstein 5100/OME 885's.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #273
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
its worth it.

I ran 5100's for about a year and a half and thought they were just fine...till I road with a buddy who had Icons (and now Foxes) and its definitely a night and day difference. Now I'm on all Fox and assorted other suspension components and I'll never look back.

Also, with Icons or any of the big names, You can change the valving inside of the shock so it will ride a certain way over a certain terrain. bilstein 5100's are just as is, no modifying. So if you go with real Coilovers and they just don't quite go over that construction site terrain like you'd hoped they would, find someone who's familiar with valving and I'm sure you can find the perfect valving for what you want.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #274
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have been waiting for a product like this for some time. Great that Icon is now going to be offering them.

We should have them available for sale very soon. PM me if any of you are interested.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #275
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys just thought i'd post here instead of making a new thread. Can anyone lead me toward a vendor on here that can order some custom icons for me or has some that are EXT for 6" lifts.
I have gotten a quote from one vendor and just wanted to get some more.
I'm looking at the Icon rear 2.0 with resi.
Thanks.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #276
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ, Downsouth Motorsports, and Wheeler's Off-Road would be good places to check.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #277
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Artillery! Boom
Name: Friends call me Ginger
FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! Just read through all 14 pages and the only thing I know for sure is the Fox's are out for me due to corrosion concerns where I live. Do the King's come with 700lbs coils already or is that an upgrade that must be done to them as well as the Icons? And, does anybody know if the resi on the King's causes clearance problems with the tire? Almost ready to pull the trigger, just need to clarify some small details. I'm currently deployed so I can't just pick up the phone and call DSM or Wheelers.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #279
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
King's come with 600lb coils, and Icon's are 650lb coils. Both have 700lb options available
Old 08-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #280
slcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant future

Name: Anthony
slcnbldr's Tacoma Gallery
Just did the Icon's with Dakars and F'ing love it!!