Spacers for OME lift

Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Garftore is on a distinguished road
Army: Med Maintenance
Name: Sam
Garftore's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers for OME lift

ALCON,

-My Dakars have softened to about a 1.5" lift after a bit of off-roading w/ a 600# ATV in the bed. An RFab Steel bumper will replace the rear soon, too. Estimating a 1" lift for the rear.
-My 886s are still @ 3". An RFab steel bump w/ full brush guard & mounted Warn x8500i will replace the front, though. Estimating a 2.5" lift for the front.

Question: What kind/size of top plate spacers & shims will I need to maintain a 3" lift @ both ends?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Garftore is on a distinguished road
Army: Med Maintenance
Name: Sam
Garftore's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to thank everyone for their input! I'm gonna put 1.5" blocks under my dakars to bring my rear lift up to 3", and 15mm top plates above my 886s. Yeeuh.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the additional OME over load leaf on the Dakars?
EDIT: OME AAL.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You're not supposed to run top plate spacers with 886's , and why not get the OME AAL for your Dakars instead of blocks ?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
Do you have the additional OME over load leaf on the Dakars?
It's actually not another overload , but another " regular " leaf
Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i would think the top plates would keep you at 3", i have the arb and warn M8000 on mine with 886's without the trim spacer and I'm still getting a full 3", and I've had it mounted since june 2011, so i think you'll be fine! and i'd recommend getting the dakar add a leaf before you put blocks, the blocks will really kill your ride!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Aren't the 15mm spacers the ones OME sells for their lifts to compensate for the tacoma lean?
i think they sell a trim spacer and a couple other one's for an extra 1/4-3/4" of lift
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you're not supposed to run the top spacers with the 886. Just the trim packer to compensate for the lean.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Aren't the 15mm spacers the ones OME sells for their lifts to compensate for the tacoma lean?
No , that's the 5mm Trim Packer
Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i think they sell a trim spacer and a couple other one's for an extra 1/4-3/4" of lift
OME doesn't
Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
A top plate spacer is different than the OME trim packer. Th trim packer goes underneath the spring, top plate spacers go on top. OME doesn't make spacers, just a trim packer so they do not have to manufacture 2 different springs for each kit. The factory Toyota drivers side coil is longer to compensate for weight.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OME doesn't
yes they do
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
99% sure those are just generic top plate spacers , not made by OME as part of their lift system
Old 02-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec website: "Add top plate spacers for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils." Does not say that they are OME though.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toytec website: "Add top plate spacers for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils." Does not say that they are OME though.
Same thing , generic top plate spacers , and also note , they only suggest to use them with 884 and 885 springs , NOT 886 springs
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NOT 886 springs
Exactly why I posted it.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly why I posted it.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
99% sure those are just generic top plate spacers , not made by OME as part of their lift system
hmmm i wonder why they have them in the OME suspension page
Old 02-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmmm i wonder why they have them in the OME suspension page
To add to 884 , 885 springs to get more height . Those springs gain you 2" and 2 1/2" respectively , but some people want a full 3" .

OME does not make top plate spacers though .