Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #2401
Bruceleeroy30 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
Bruceleeroy30's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I wanted to keep the rake of the truck, and no AALs seemed like they would do that for. My stock leafs were flat already anyways...

Hey nfs257 - Your build thread helped me out a lot. The TW Guard Dogs are really nice so far, and I like their hum on the road too. It might just be me, but I think I can literally watch my gas gauge drop when I don't drive too conservative. =X
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #2402
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Get an expo pack in the rear instead. Less coil weight isn't gonna do shit for ya. Right now your front lift is the lowest it's ever gonna go with lift spindles on. Your only choice is to lift the rear to match the front
Old 06-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #2403
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea and all that's gonna do is make your truck bottom out like crazy.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #2404
Well, I know you just threw those standards on...I bet you could get at least $300 for them...pick up some expos and that'll give ya at least a good 4" of lift.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #2405
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
If you decide on what VolcomTacoma2011 said I'd buy your leafs
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #2406
See that. I bet you could get $400 if ya help install them . I always offer to help install shit I sell if they match my price.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #2407
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
One major problem to that. . .I dont have 300# in my bed all the time!
I'd go with the 500 lb coils up front to bring it down a bit. The manufacturers use 600 lb coils for liability reasons knowing most ditch the sway bar. 600s are too stiff of a coil for a prerunner (2wd) IMO. Your front suspension is supposed to move and hitting the bumps is not an issue. Itís how hard you hit them thatís the issue. Proper valving and better bumps will fix this and is more the correct approach over a stiffer coil.

Though Iím not sure how much it would come down up front switching the coils, maybe ĹĒ. Another option might be a shorter coil.

Oh and you ditch the spindles and adjust the COs to get lift, get ready for a shitty ride unless you want to be at 2Ē or under.

Going with an expo pack would be crazy; those are way stiff for an unloaded bed.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #2408
ACtually the expos aren't that bad with an unloaded bed. I ran them for a few weeks before I got a load in there...yea they're a little stiff, but not as crazy as I expect from what everyone said here.

Yes, once you put a load in the bed they soften up pretty nicely...but not that much...I just filled up a box full of dirt and rocks and strapped it down in the back...leaves are fine now...planning on a camper shell and a plate bumper someday...

As for 500 lb coils up front...just remember that if you do that you're gonna have to pull your shocks off to re-valve them...or if you got the CDC's, just adjust them for waaaay stiffer. Either way, your working backwards here...short coil...less coil weight...its gonna limit your uptravel even more because you're going to be moving where the shock sits on the shaft at ride height...so really... either match the back with your current front...or lose the maxtracs and deal with pre-load.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #2409
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im starting to get over the bro-lean look of my truck. I have the maxtrac in the front and king coilovers with no preload.

For the rear I have: Allpro standard leaf pack (3" of lift) and 12" remote resi Kings (Not sure but assuming 1" of lift). Its about 4" of lift in the rear

Im not sure what # coil I have on it right now. . .Anyone know how I can find out?
Maybe if I put 500# coils on it instead it would lower it quite a bit

Also what size coil should I get?
I would not go to that low of a coil. The rear shocks are not giving you any lift at all. Do you still have the factory block in there?

If you do change coils i would drop to a 600lb (you should have 650's on there now (Icon/King use 650's, Fox uses 600)) coil and that's it. Or you could look into rear shackles. I think Defined
makes some.

The main thing that is giving you the front lift though is the spindles, that's why i would look into addressing the issue by changing the rear.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #2410
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Vince wouldn't the defined shackles just lower his truck?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #2411
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I dont want to raise the rear anymore though. I would like to keep it as low to the ground as possible. . .The front with the glassworks is raised so high you could literally fit a whole person on top of the wheel. . .Ill take pics today.

So what I was thinking was, what if I removed the maxtrac spindles and tried to find a 2" spindle?
No such thing, Total Chaos makes a 3 or 3.5" one i think
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #2412
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Vince wouldn't the defined shackles just lower his truck?
I thought they made a lift one. My bad.

Quote:
I dont want to raise the rear anymore though. I would like to keep it as low to the ground as possible. . .The front with the glassworks is raised so high you could literally fit a whole person on top of the wheel. . .Ill take pics today.

So I guess i'm going to take off the spindles, and preload the crap out of the coilover

As for the rear: Im not going to change anything. . .the height is fine and there is enough lift on there

*Lift is not my priority. . .Performance is*

Allowing me to stay lower to the ground will decrease me rolling my truck in the desert
What size tire do you have? Snap pics of the whole vehicle, as well as a fenderwell shot to see the C/O's. You could always take the spindles off, sell them, use that to buy some 700lb coils so then you wont have to have as much preload to get to that 3" mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
No such thing, Total Chaos makes a 3 or 3.5" one i think
Correct!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I thought they made a lift one. My bad.

What size tire do you have? Snap pics of the whole vehicle, as well as a fenderwell shot to see the C/O's. You could always take the spindles off, sell them, use that to buy some 700lb coils so then you wont have to have as much preload to get to that 3" mark.

Correct!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #2414
Take the fiberglass off or get 35's. Or lower the truck and stay with 33's
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #2415
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Wheel/Tire: 285/70/17

Side view of truck

Angled view

Driver side fenderwell

Passenger side fenderwell

Rear driver side

Rear and Front fenders
I think the fenders are throwing if off a bit, since they are made to clear a 35". But looking at it, you may be able to just do a 1" shorter spring on there.

Here is Tom's who has the same setup, but with Icon's and no glass

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-build-3.html

Icon uses a 13" coil. I don't know 100% but King may use a 14" coil. Your truck looks good and good ground clearance. I Would try to keep the spindles. The only thing i'm not sure off is that if it's the spindle that is getting you that high alone. You have some options though. Tom's site really level, so im thinking the shorter coil may be the way to go.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #2416
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I think the fenders are throwing if off a bit, since they are made to clear a 35". But looking at it, you may be able to just do a 1" shorter spring on there.

Here is Tom's who has the same setup, but with Icon's and no glass

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-build-3.html

Icon uses a 13" coil. I don't know 100% but King may use a 14" coil. Your truck looks good and good ground clearance. I Would try to keep the spindles. The only thing i'm not sure off is that if it's the spindle that is getting you that high alone. You have some options though. Tom's site really level, so im thinking the shorter coil may be the way to go.
If this helps...i'm sitting with about 1 inch of lift/preload on my coils. About 5 threads more on the drivers side for the taco lean. Though today I am adding a D29XL leaf to my Dakars!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #2417
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
If this helps...i'm sitting with about 1 inch of lift/preload on my coils. About 5 threads more on the drivers side for the taco lean.
why don't we give him to mongo
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #2418
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Alright so how can I find out how tall my spring is? And what spring length/# rating would you suggest?
Ill give King a ring in a few min. If they are 14" springs, i would just drop to a 13", or if they are 13" drop to a 12" I would not go any less than a 600lb spring though. You look to be about 1-2" higher in the front.

But like with Tom's truck, he has 13" 650lb springs and is sitting almost dead level with the same spindles, no glass.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #2419
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Oh thank you very much!

So if I went 13" 600# I should be level?

Here is the link of what I bought: King Extended Travel Coilovers
In theory yes....You may even want to stick to 650lb. When on the vehicle it's a 2:1 ratio with preload. So a 1" shorter spring would tech. mean 2" lower on the vehicle. (which you can then adjust with the preload.

Just spoke with King, They told me it's a 14" 600lb spring.

If your okay with black coils, i think the Icon 13" 650lb coils would get you where you need. Or do a 13" King 600lb coil.

The reason i say Icon is cause Tom's setup above is level and with the same spindle and rear as you so we know that is level. But the 13" King should work in theory as well the same way.

In the end, your still gonna have the gap in the wheel/fender since the glass is made to fit 35's.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #2420
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Just so you know I have a custom 12" rear King shock with the BAMF shock relocation mounts. . .

Just cause I want to keep the coloring the same im gonna stick with the king 13" 600# coil. Will I need to put any preload on it?

And I know it will still be open, I just dont want the bro lean any more!
Ya, even custom length rear's don't add lift. The only thing that adds lift shock wise are coil overs or air shocks.

And you may need to put a little pre load on it once it sags a bit. I honestly don't know since i have not seen it. In theory you should not have to, but you won't know for sure till it's on.

Products Discussed in this Thread