Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #2521
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeTacoFL View Post
Nevermind just looked up your pictures. Seen you running the maxtracs. Your truck looks awersome! Did your tires rub at all? And I guess are you still running spacers up front too? Thanks
Unless you add more lift I believe you definitely have to trim for 33" tires (285/70). I had to do a body mount chop too, which is a must if you offroad at all and cycle your suspension. I went offroading soon after lift and 33s so my rub marks helped me determine what to trim haha.

But currently My drivers side inner fender plastic is gone (ripped off while off-roading) and my passenger side is trimmed mostly around where the vent holes are in the inner fender plastic. I believe that wheel spacers make you have to trim more since it brings the wheel out more and interfere more when the wheel is turned.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #2522
Livin Low, Ridin High
YotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
YotaMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieFive View Post
I went down to a local drive line shop(OC Drivelines), they guys there were some really knowledgable old school hot rod guys. They took a look at my drive shaft and noted it was pulled out of the trans tail housing, they recommended extending my rear shaft an 1" and rotating my CB 180 deg. I ordered that spacer you mentioned and I'll be rotating the CB and see how that works out. I'll post what I find
I just had my cb and driveshaft replaced under warranty. ..my tech said he had to pull the rear of the drive shaft 1.5 inches so it would meet the rear end. .. he also recommended the spacer. ..so I ordered one from 4crawler yesterday..I have a cb drop so my angles arent terrible its just that pulling on the rubber
Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #2523
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
I just had my cb and driveshaft replaced under warranty. ..my tech said he had to pull the rear of the drive shaft 1.5 inches so it would meet the rear end. .. he also recommended the spacer. ..so I ordered one from 4crawler yesterday..I have a cb drop so my angles arent terrible its just that pulling on the rubber
I installed mine since I installed my lift and no problems at all. A good investment to save on the cb bearing.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #2524
JohnnieFive will become famous soon enough

Name: Johnny
JohnnieFive's Tacoma Gallery
vibe update

So after heading down to a driveline shop and being recommended to have my driveshaft extended 1" I went ahead and ordered a driveshaft spacer from 4crawler.com. I received it today and installed it, only take about 30min to install. I took the truck for a test drive and had nearly no vibrations, I'd say it cured my vibes 99%. My carrier bearing is starting to whine a bit so that 1% could be due to the CB being bad so I'll have to replace it and see how it goes from there. My only complaint is I wish I would've a ordered a 3/4" spacer cuz it looks like the shaft might be sitting a little to far inside the trans housing. I wasn't sure how far in it needed to be so I figured 1" would be fine.

I'm keeping the 1" spacer for now since I'm able to drive with my truck with no vibes but already ordered the 3/4" so the 1" will be up for sale in a few days.
I couldn't be happier with this product though!

Here are some before and after pics
Attached Thumbnails
Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners-photo.jpg   Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners-photo-1.jpg  
Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #2525
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So after heading down to a driveline shop and being recommended to have my driveshaft extended 1" I went ahead and ordered a driveshaft spacer from 4crawler.com. I received it today and installed it, only take about 30min to install. I took the truck for a test drive and had nearly no vibrations, I'd say it cured my vibes 99%. My carrier bearing is starting to whine a bit so that 1% could be due to the CB being bad so I'll have to replace it and see how it goes from there. My only complaint is I wish I would've a ordered a 3/4" spacer cuz it looks like the shaft might be sitting a little to far inside the trans housing. I wasn't sure how far in it needed to be so I figured 1" would be fine.

I'm keeping the 1" spacer for now since I'm able to drive with my truck with no vibes but already ordered the 3/4" so the 1" will be up for sale in a few days.

It should be almost flush like this
Attached Thumbnails
Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners-1b42bb27-2da8-4afb-a822-5321882196b2-5963-000002fa404442fc.jpg  
Old 08-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #2526
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
So stoked to hear this is curing vibe issues! Cant wait to get mine! Thanks "JohnnieFive" for your help!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
So stoked to hear this is curing vibe issues! Cant wait to get mine! Thanks "JohnnieFive" for your help!
You bet man, hope this help others as well
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #2528
Bruceleeroy30 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
Bruceleeroy30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ill take that spacer off your hands!!

From the looks of it, your slip yoke doesn't look to be too far out to begin with. I have an inch before mine sits flush in the trans housing.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceleeroy30 View Post
Ill take that spacer off your hands!!

From the looks of it, your slip yoke doesn't look to be too far out to begin with. I have an inch before mine sits flush in the trans housing.
PM me
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #2534
Infamous Coating is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Infamous Coating's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running the maxtrac spindle and a set of spidertrax spacers on the front? Any pics? I was wanting to run the 6" fenders but need a little bit more than my maxtrac spindles.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #2535
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I am with 4" glassworks
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #2536
Infamous Coating is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Infamous Coating's Tacoma Gallery
Any more pics? And Volcom are you just running the spindles?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #2537
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Just look at my build to the left. Haven't updated for glass or spacers...no pic on my phone atm

Wheels are 16x8 race line renegades, 4.75 (I think, maybe 4.5) BS, with 285/75/16 BFG AT's...they are just barely even with the glass.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #2538
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Maxtrac spindles, spidertrax spacers, 3.75 bs wheel, and 4" fenders...
Attached Thumbnails
Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners-image.jpg  
Old 08-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #2539
I need wheels with less BS
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #2540
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Mine stick out atleast 1" maybe 1.5"...

Products Discussed in this Thread