Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #2841
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundin tacos View Post
Ordered my kit from headstrong yesterday since I decided to keep the truck. Headstrong hooked me up with a great deal on the full 4" kit shipped to florida. Should be here Saturday and I'm installing it Sunday. Running 295/70r17 tires on stock sport wheels. Also ordered a 50" light bar, had my exhaust done yesterday, my air filter will be here Wednesday and a supercharger is going on next month. Can't wait.
Running stock wheels, you have wheel spacers correct?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2842
Burrito Member
Sdfitted is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
Sdfitted's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the first pic he posted
Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #2843
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdfitted View Post
Look at the first pic he posted
Im pretty sure you are referring to Cody's picture? If so I know what he has, as that is my foot in the picture. But I was asking the guy I quoted which has no pictures...
Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #2844
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Running stock wheels, you have wheel spacers correct?
Yeah I have them. I'm already running 295s and have been for almost a year on my current setup.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #2845
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
New setup with coilovers

Little preload on COs (heck none if you want), plenty of lift and uniballs centered within cup having plenty of movement in both directions, you got to love lift spindles and 2wd trucks for this.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #2846
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
New setup with coilovers

Looks good man!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #2847
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
How much do the tire stick out extra in the front when installing The spindles? My wheels already stick out just a hair(Perfect look IMO) and i dont want it looking all mix-match.

Thanks.

Cam.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #2849
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
3/4" more
.... almost another inch outward.. o.o well then guess this weekend i'll know for sure if i need to get these or not.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #2851
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Just swapped out my stock shocks for 5100s with my maxtracs ... HUGE DIFFERENCE in ride and height. I set them at .85 and I love the height bc before my fronts we sagging so much I was around a 3.5" lift and now I am around a 4.5" lift

pictures to come soon
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #2852
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
Mine stick way out...spindles plus 1.25 spacers plus 4.5 backspace and -12mm offset..you can check out my spindles this weekend
jesus way too wide for meh

I'll be looking at everyones setup this weekend, cant wait!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #2853
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnmfer View Post
finish doing my lift last friday, took about 5 hours with a friend at his shop....6 inch maxtac lift with 5100 billies in da front, rear was just blocks and maxtrac shocks. im gona change out the rear once the shocks get sloppy ( i might as well use it since i paid for it) and go with 5100 billies and leafs rims are 17x9 with 285/70/17 toyo AT IIs rides smooth no vibes no rubbing except when reversing i rub on the front bumper plastic that hangs down about 3-4 inches..i didnt remove it yet
Geez this makes me want to buy some spindles... Dammit for being broke right now!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #2855
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
havent been in here in awhile...if anyone has figured out how the hell we can make the TC LCAs work with our spindles....please let me know still bugs the hell outta me that they dont work with maxtracs
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #2856
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
havent been in here in awhile...if anyone has figured out how the hell we can make the TC LCAs work with our spindles....please let me know still bugs the hell outta me that they dont work with maxtracs
I've been wondering the same thing. There are pictures on their web site of the lower control arms on their own lift spindles which are a double shear setup like the Maxtrac. I'd sure like to get a hold of some TC LCA's just to see what it would need to make it work.
Though I think my best bet would be to have LSK fabricate some LCA's to work with my maxtrac spindles...probably be the same price.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #2857
maxtracbob is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
maxtracbob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. There are pictures on their web site of the lower control arms on their own lift spindles which are a double shear setup like the Maxtrac. I'd sure like to get a hold of some TC LCA's just to see what it would need to make it work.
Though I think my best bet would be to have LSK fabricate some LCA's to work with my maxtrac spindles...probably be the same price.
I would like to see if they want to work with us on this... I'll try calling them today to feel them out.... With SEMA coming up soon I don't think it will happen till mid November.... Keep your fingers crossed...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #2858
Bayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt King Fabrications, has a set that will fit our trucks, I've been looking for a set and have been waiting for them to begin production well they have started and it's a damn good looking set of LCA's they are a litte over $1400.00 for the set.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #2859
Astroman23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Astroman23's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
man this looks great! you have to do something about your grill tho.

open the hood, mask off the paint/headlights/other stuff and use some black radiator paint and paint the stuff behind the grill (radiator, exap core, lines) so u cant see it all thru the grill.

it will look 100x better!
Good call! Thanks for the tip
Old 10-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #2860
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Rear came in today, spindles will be here Friday. Can't wait to get these on

Products Discussed in this Thread