1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON + All Pro Lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by EODTech08, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Feb 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    EODTech08

EODTech08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    FX-R Retrofits, Hood Struts, aFe CAI, Wet Okoles, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Head Unit,
    So I'm planning on buying a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB when I return from deployment. I want to do a 3" suspension lift and put 32s on it. I'm not very experienced with vehicles but I'm learn quickly. So far with all my research from this site and google I think I found the right set up but would like your opinions.

All-Pro Expedition Leaf Pack ICON Extended Reservoir Coilovers
    http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/...te-Reservoir-Front-Coil%2dover-Shock-Kit.html

ICON Tubular UCAs
    http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/...te-Reservoir-Front-Coil%2dover-Shock-Kit.html

Now my concern right now is with the rear shocks.

ICON Rear Shock w/ Reservoir
    http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/store/products/05%2dUp-Tacoma-Rear-Reservoir-Shocks.html

There isn't much info on the ICON website about these. But on DownSouthMotorsports.com it says they only work with a lift of 0-2"?? They won't work for me will they?

I'd love some input/recommendations on this please! I'm not gonna go buying stuff right away I still have about 5 months left over here but I'd like to get things planned out.

Thanks in advance!

2. Feb 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I think the rear icons are a little short for that leaf pack but don't know first hand. If I'm not mistaken that leak pack flexes to 27" + on droop and the icons measure 10" at 14-24". I've heard they weren't long enough for the deavers either. I'd confirm their measurements first......Icon, DSM or wheelers could all hook you up with info!

Nice choice by the way, that's prob what ill end up with!

3. Feb 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    EODTech08

EODTech08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    FX-R Retrofits, Hood Struts, aFe CAI, Wet Okoles, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Head Unit,
    Thanks for the input. I'll contact DSM later today. If the rear shocks aren't long enough what's the opinion of mixing and matching front and rear shocks? Cause from what I've heard ICON is digressive and if I went with like King/Fox for rear they are progressive?

4. Feb 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I believe the rear icons are progressive as well! I think the foxs allpro sells with their leafs are matched well!

Products Discussed in

To Top