Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ICON + All Pro Lift?

Old 02-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
ICON + All Pro Lift?

So I'm planning on buying a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB when I return from deployment. I want to do a 3" suspension lift and put 32s on it. I'm not very experienced with vehicles but I'm learn quickly. So far with all my research from this site and google I think I found the right set up but would like your opinions.

All-Pro Expedition Leaf Pack
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...omaleafsprings

ICON Extended Reservoir Coilovers
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html

ICON Tubular UCAs
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html

Now my concern right now is with the rear shocks.

ICON Rear Shock w/ Reservoir
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...ir-Shocks.html

There isn't much info on the ICON website about these. But on DownSouthMotorsports.com it says they only work with a lift of 0-2"?? They won't work for me will they?

I'd love some input/recommendations on this please! I'm not gonna go buying stuff right away I still have about 5 months left over here but I'd like to get things planned out.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I think the rear icons are a little short for that leaf pack but don't know first hand. If I'm not mistaken that leak pack flexes to 27" + on droop and the icons measure 10" at 14-24". I've heard they weren't long enough for the deavers either. I'd confirm their measurements first......Icon, DSM or wheelers could all hook you up with info!

Nice choice by the way, that's prob what ill end up with!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input. I'll contact DSM later today. If the rear shocks aren't long enough what's the opinion of mixing and matching front and rear shocks? Cause from what I've heard ICON is digressive and if I went with like King/Fox for rear they are progressive?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the rear icons are progressive as well! I think the foxs allpro sells with their leafs are matched well!