Name: Vali
Vali's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Spring Issues ALL PRO EXP

Hey guys so I'm in the middle of putting an All pro exp. leaf pack,

Got it all torn down and I can't get the front pins out

Any thoughts
Old 02-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
Hey guys so I'm in the middle of putting an All pro exp. leaf pack,

Got it all torn down and I can't get the front pins out

Any thoughts
You're talking about the bolts that hold the front and rear of the leafs in? If so, did you take the back pins out from the shackles first? Makes it easier doing it that way first.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Vali is on a distinguished road

Vali's Tacoma Gallery
Yea! they are out and I'm carrying the weight of the spring with a jack.
after research I'm seeing some guys have had to cut them out.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
PB Blaster and a big ass breaker bar (assuming an impact gun isn't doing the trick).
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Vali is on a distinguished road

Vali's Tacoma Gallery
Yea tried it

Think I'm gonna just chop em off
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
Yea tried it

Think I'm gonna just chop em off
Try some heat (if the new leaf pack as new bushings). It might at least save the bolt.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Try some heat (if the new leaf pack as new bushings). It might at least save the bolt.
this or you will have to cut them out
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
turn the bolt with a wrench or impact when you remove the nut.. should free it up. take all load off the springs also