Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibacj springs and billes Lift question?(Sorry)

Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Eibacj springs and billes Lift question?(Sorry)

I can only find 4 topics on this and i know there is more people with this lift but i cant eem to find it. I want to get the this kit from toytec for 629. Seem good. How much lift from this is going to be on a 2010 4x4 dcsb with front set to.85 and 2 in all in back no tsb. Im thnking 2 and a half lift. Hows the ride offroading. I wanna get it with no ucas for now and then get them after later when i have the money. Can people post pics. I can only find a couple thats all. I hate the search funtion lol. never works for me and i use the search titles only lol. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good place to start.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ry-thread.html

I know you said you don't like to search but if you search Eibach, there are a whole lot of threads that come up.

Eibachs on 5100's set at .85 would get you around 2.5" of lift. It will be a stiff ride, you don't nose dive under braking or 'roll' in corners. You will notice it being a lot stiffer on the chopped up, pot-hole infested Boston city streets. Out of the city though, you'll love it.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks you so much. I did try all works and got nothing lol. I can never seem to find anything on it. How is it offroading. Would i need ucas or would i be fine.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
I think i would be fine at 2.5 lift and no ucas. Just for a few months untill i get the ucas later.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery

i have have eibach billys .85 i love it right around 2.5
i have a 1.5 aal and im pretty much level .
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
same link as pugga
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post

i have have eibach billys .85 i love it right around 2.5
i have a 1.5 aal and im pretty much level .

ya dude. I like yours alot. A nice good lift you have. Looked good on saturday. I wanna buy it from toytec but labor to install would be insane lol. I wish I was like you and knew how to intall this stuff lol
Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
You have 285s tires right johnnym
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
I think i would be fine at 2.5 lift and no ucas. Just for a few months untill i get the ucas later.
Personal preference. Some people run this lift and never get new UCA's, others can't stand the way it drives and go for new UCA's right away. You won't be able to get your alignment within spec but you can drive it with the factory UCA's.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Personal preference. Some people run this lift and never get new UCA's, others can't stand the way it drives and go for new UCA's right away. You won't be able to get your alignment within spec but you can drive it with the factory UCA's.

Ok great. Thanks. Would i break the ucas if i keep the stock ones or would they be fine and just be out of line and not drive stright lol
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100 @ .85 and eibachs on a dbl cab short bed. I only have the TSB in the back and I'm level. It rides rough though even with an All Pro bumper. Before the bumper the truck was sitting the same also. I would just keep OEM coils and clip the 5100s @ 2.5. Or just get some OME 885 springs. I don't know why I didn't do that originally but I didn't get the lift I expected out of mine. Also, I have factory UCA's, you won't break them. They are only needed to correct alignment. You shouldn't encounter this until 3".
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok great. Thanks. Would i break the ucas if i keep the stock ones or would they be fine and just be out of line and not drive stright lol
You won't break the factory UCA, it's just an alignment issue at 2.5" of lift. I also agree with ffemt, if I were to do it over again, I think I'd go for OME coils due to the lower spring rate. 885's for around 2.5" of lift, 884's for around 2" of lift.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have 285s tires right johnnym
Yes 285/75/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I have stock Uca's but . As soon as I have the extra cash I'll be upgrading . pugga is right they can't get the alignment in spec . At least the 2 shops I went to.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
I have 5100 @ .85 and eibachs on a dbl cab short bed. I only have the TSB in the back and I'm level. It rides rough though even with an All Pro bumper. Before the bumper the truck was sitting the same also. I would just keep OEM coils and clip the 5100s @ 2.5. Or just get some OME 885 springs. I don't know why I didn't do that originally but I didn't get the lift I expected out of mine. Also, I have factory UCA's, you won't break them. They are only needed to correct alignment. You shouldn't encounter this until 3".

Thank you. For Some people it rides fine and other people they say its stuff lol. It depends on the person. I kind of like a stiffer ride so i think the combo would be fine for me. I dont want a huge lift and have to replace alot of the parts so thats why i want this lift. 2.5 to three inches is a good lift for me. I;ll just keep the ucsa now intill i can buy some aftermarket ones later. Thanks dude.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
Quote:
Yes 285/75/16

I have stock Uca's but . As soon as I have the extra cash I'll be upgrading . pugga is right they can't get the alignment in spec . At least the 2 shops I went to.

ya i know i wont get it factory spec with lift and stock ucas but it should be fine for a few months untill i have the cash. I wanna see if i can get a few mass tacoma people for a mod day and maybe help me install my lift. Dont feel like spending up to 1,000 for labor to install it when the parts are only 700 lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya i know i wont get it factory spec with lift and stock ucas but it should be fine for a few months untill i have the cash. I wanna see if i can get a few mass tacoma people for a mod day and maybe help me install my lift. Dont feel like spending up to 1,000 for labor to install it when the parts are only 700 lol.
I don't mind helping but I can't have it at my house . I live in a townhouse . You should put it out there maybe someone has a good location . I can bring my tools.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
Quote:
I don't mind helping but I can't have it at my house . I live in a townhouse . You should put it out there maybe someone has a good location . I can bring my tools.

Ya dude . If you could help me put it on that would be great. I don't have any knownegle of putting lifts of shocks on just the regular oil change haha. Havent learned that let but I have 2 places. My house or my parents cape house next to Taunton . It has a big aera to work and no one will bother us. . I would love the help and get beers of you drink lol. That would be great.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Hopefully I'll be able to buy the lift within the next month or 2. Wanna get it ready for spring
Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully I'll be able to buy the lift within the next month or 2. Wanna get it ready for spring
Sounds good do you have a garage ?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
I do at my parents house but its too small to fit my truck under there. My summer place would be better. Its bigger to work and more space. I would just need to kit from toytec right. The 629 one with springs,aal and billes. nothing esle i need for now? thanks