Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

fox/king/icon vs ome

Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
fox/king/icon vs ome

Hey, so i been looking and reading lots of threads about all type of suspention and i am really confussed. I do like off roading and try to go about once a month and want to upgrade my suspention since i just finished paying off my truck. woo woo. I was just wondering if its really worth it to go with fox/king/icon or will the ome kit be enough for just half the price. I dont mind spending the extra money on it but im thinking for the type of offroading i do they might just be a waste. I usually go to gorman but defenitly want to try new spots too. How much better would fox/king/icon be vs ome. Like ,flex,trave,smooth ride ext. Thanks. Pretty much will my truck get me more places with the more expensive of them both and will the difference between the both be that noticeable?? Thanks. All your help and expertise will be appreciated.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Ome= good qaulity ride, on road and off. not that much lift, and if u dont plan on driving 50mph+ off road then that would be the one for you. less expensive, and the money u save u could instal a high clearance bumper

Now, from my experiance (not much, but alittle) I have heard many ppl love their ICons, Exept there is a manufacturing flaw with the top of the coilover( not sure wat part). I have heard users swear by them. But, if u decide u want more travel, then u will need new ucas. more $.

I have never ( at least to my recolection) heard anyone say anything bad about King coilovers, or Camburg, or for that matter, swayaway coilovers.

My Opinion is that u should just go with the OME 885. that way, it will only cost u more (199$) tops, to upgrade to 886 coils for a front HC bumper. The kits usually come with dakar rear leafs, wich are amazing for the price.

Now, if money is no prob, i would go with Devers customs in the back, and a set of these (King coilovers, or Camburg, or for that matter, swayaway coilovers) up front with new uca's

Good luck
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
oh, and if u can afford it, why not just buy the best u can,
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I think you answered yourself. If you don't think the cost is worth it, because of the wheeling you do. Then it's not worth it. Racing coilovers next to OME is Apples to Oranges. They both fit the truck and get the job done. But in 2 different manners (racing built vs weekend warrior built. IMO)

I can't speak to any though, since I have never owned them. Just the use you described I don't think is worth the extra cost. Plus the rebuilt cost. I talked to ToyTec about the Radflo's and they said that the Radflo's should be rebuilt every 25-30k. That adds up over time.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
Ome= good qaulity ride, on road and off. not that much lift, and if u dont plan on driving 50mph+ off road then that would be the one for you. less expensive, and the money u save u could instal a high clearance bumper

Now, from my experiance (not much, but alittle) I have heard many ppl love their ICons, Exept there is a manufacturing flaw with the top of the coilover( not sure wat part). I have heard users swear by them. But, if u decide u want more travel, then u will need new ucas. more $.

I have never ( at least to my recolection) heard anyone say anything bad about King coilovers, or Camburg, or for that matter, swayaway coilovers.

My Opinion is that u should just go with the OME 885. that way, it will only cost u more (199$) tops, to upgrade to 886 coils for a front HC bumper. The kits usually come with dakar rear leafs, wich are amazing for the price.

Now, if money is no prob, i would go with Devers customs in the back, and a set of these (King coilovers, or Camburg, or for that matter, swayaway coilovers) up front with new uca's

Good luck
Thanks. Yeah I'm really not thinking of going over 50 in the dirt or anything like that. I like more hill climbing and few rocks. Right now I'm running 285/75/16 with just a daystar spacer in the front to clear the tires. But I hate how it's now higher in the front than the back plus want to get rid of that cheap spacer lift. Do you know how muck ome kit will lift the truck?? with the full leaf pack (dakar )??
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacotrd View Post
Thanks. Yeah I'm really not thinking of going over 50 in the dirt or anything like that. I like more hill climbing and few rocks. Right now I'm running 285/75/16 with just a daystar spacer in the front to clear the tires. But I hate how it's now higher in the front than the back plus want to get rid of that cheap spacer lift. Do you know how muck ome kit will lift the truck?? with the full leaf pack (dakar )??
885's , no top spacer , lifted my DCLB 4x4 2 1/2" up front , the Dakars lifted me 2 3/4" out back
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I think you answered yourself. If you don't think the cost is worth it, because of the wheeling you do. Then it's not worth it. Racing coilovers next to OME is Apples to Oranges. They both fit the truck and get the job done. But in 2 different manners (racing built vs weekend warrior built. IMO)

I can't speak to any though, since I have never owned them. Just the use you described I don't think is worth the extra cost. Plus the rebuilt cost. I talked to ToyTec about the Radflo's and they said that the Radflo's should be rebuilt every 25-30k. That adds up over time.
Thanks. its true. cause i know my truck could get a lot of places how it is stock but the only reason i want to lift it is to help clear my 33's better. So i think i might just go with the ome kit. Is the ome an upgrade from stock or about the same quality??
Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I would consider the OME an upgrade. IF you want the adjustablitity of a coil over, look at the Toytec ULK.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
885's , no top spacer , lifted my DCLB 4x4 2 1/2" up front , the Dakars lifted me 2 3/4" out back

thanks. thats sound perfect. I dont want it to high either. I think its worthless. just enough to clear my tires. By the way do you recomend that kit?? Do you have any regrets or highly recomend it?? Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I would consider the OME an upgrade. IF you want the adjustablitity of a coil over, look at the Toytec ULK.

true, do you know if the ome shocks are adjustable at all or just preset to 1 setting??
Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks. thats sound perfect. I dont want it to high either. I think its worthless. just enough to clear my tires. By the way do you recomend that kit?? Do you have any regrets or highly recomend it?? Thanks again.
Very happy with it , suits my needs perfectly

Quote:
true, do you know if the ome shocks are adjustable at all or just preset to 1 setting??

The OME shocks are not adjustable , you chose your lift amount with which springs you get ( 884 , 885 ) and whether you add top plate spacers or not
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
OMe shocks are not adjustable.POLL IT. u will see, your needs justify OME, or toytec Ultimate lift kit. I would do OME though. afforable, many options, and well, more$$$$ in you pocket for more mods
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OMe shocks are not adjustable.POLL IT. u will see, your needs justify OME, or toytec Ultimate lift kit. I would do OME though. afforable, many options, and well, more$$$$ in you pocket for more mods
There already is a 4 million page OME vs Toytec poll thread
Old 02-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to recommend the OME kit as well. I just got mine installed thanks to the suggestions from members on here and I am very happy with it.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the ome then. Plus less money and suites me better is always a plus. Plus I just spent some money on some Shrockworks sliders and brand new 33" tires . Plus I'm about to get an all pro rear bumper and all pro skids. Dam tw is going to make me broke. Lol
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #16

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, even the 5100 w/ eibachs are a good option. I would decide between the OME and the 5100 w/ eibachs. The 5100's have 3 settings if you want a level stance, little lift or decent lift.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again for all the info guys. One last question. Where can I get the best deal on the ome kit with the daker leaf pack?? Thanks again. I feel a lot better making my decision now .
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #18
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
I am going to recommend the OME kit as well. I just got mine installed thanks to the suggestions from members on here and I am very happy with it.
And OP, He is in alaska, where if the weather isnt shitting on u, and the trails are (easy) then the apocalpse really did happen

So, OME will be just fine....if its not, well, u can always resell (depandant on Miles and condition) on TW
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And OP, He is in alaska, where if the weather isnt shitting on u, and the trails are (easy) then the apocalpse really did happen

So, OME will be just fine....if its not, well, u can always resell (depandant on Miles and condition) on TW
Lol , go back to Geography class
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Thanks again for all the info guys. One last question. Where can I get the best deal on the ome kit with the daker leaf pack?? Thanks again. I feel a lot better making my decision now .

Um...............Toytec lifts is the cheapest i have found,,,,,,,,but if u do find anything cheaper, auto anything will beat it( so they say)