Notices

Best UCA's For my needs

Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Mickdizzle is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Matt
Mickdizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Best UCA's For my needs

Initially i was not going to get any and just hope the allignment went well but the more i thought about it the more i decided i just need to get some. I am putting on the OME complete lift with 886's and dakars in the rear. My off-road use will consist of hunting, camping and getting into a few mountain lakes for now until i get a few scratches and dents...then game on. but for now the majority of the time is spent on the highway with this truck. i just want to know what you guys would think would be best for my overall needs.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
TC FTW
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Army:
ha ha i was thinking one of the two that you guys posted. Gonna need some more opinions. Is there any reason you guys posted the ones you did? Maybe you are running them on your vehicles and like them?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg 1.25" uniball
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickdizzle View Post
ha ha i was thinking one of the two that you guys posted. Gonna need some more opinions. Is there any reason you guys posted the ones you did? Maybe you are running them on your vehicles and like them?
No objective data from me. Just being a mindless TW drone repeating what everyone else says . I don't have UCAs... yet
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Light Racing UCA's
x2
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Army:
well i don't think that i can go wrong with either of the two mentioned above. I have read a lot of good things about both. I do like the idea of the TC giving me more clearance incase i ever decide to go with 285's. I will See if i can get some more opinions
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like Light Racing UCA's will suit you fine. If you're looking for other opinions, you should check out DownSouth Motorsports UCA's
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnu View Post
Sounds like Light Racing UCA's will suit you fine. If you're looking for other opinions, you should check out DownSouth Motorsports UCA's
I thought that i remember reading some time ago that the total chaos might encounter problems with winter driving conditions in the north states. any truth to that?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought that i remember reading some time ago that the total chaos might encounter problems with winter driving conditions in the north states. any truth to that?
If the reason for getting new UCA's is to primarily correct alignment issues rather than increase articulation for offroading , and winter road salt is an issue for you , the LR UCA's with their booted ball joint is a great choice .
Old 02-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If the reason for getting new UCA's is to primarily correct alignment issues rather than increase articulation for offroading , and winter road salt is an issue for you , the LR UCA's with their booted ball joint is a great choice .
the increased articulation is a good bonus in my eyes...if i am going to spend 400 on a UCA i would rather put another 200 down and recieve this benefit. My truck is going to be seeing the trails a lot, maybe not immediately but it will. However i also want something that is going to last me if i am going to pay that kind of money. just kinda worried about the road salt.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

just ordered a pair of DMS ones...they have stainless steel balls which will better suit the people who have snow/salt issues from what i am told. they came highly recommended as well. Plus you can get a discount for em...i ordered a pair yesterday!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
just ordered a pair of DMS ones...they have stainless steel balls which will better suit the people who have snow/salt issues from what i am told. they came highly recommended as well. Plus you can get a discount for em...i ordered a pair yesterday!
I will look into them. They are fairly new so it will be interesting to see how they hold up. Do they have the same squeeking issue that the camburgs do?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Squaretail is on a distinguished road
Squaretail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well i don't think that i can go wrong with either of the two mentioned above. I have read a lot of good things about both. I do like the idea of the TC giving me more clearance incase i ever decide to go with 285's. I will See if i can get some more opinions
I can still run 285/75/16's with LR UCA's right?

I think I'm getting the LR's