Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Replacement Leaf Springs 2006 Tacoma

Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
bajapescado is on a distinguished road
bajapescado's Tacoma Gallery
Replacement Leaf Springs 2006 Tacoma

I carry a camper. My factory installed stock leaf springs appear to be sagging. I'm considering installing Timberns http://www.timbren.com/ to reduce the sway and support the load, as well as replacing the existing springs.

What are the best after-market leaf springs for a 2006 Tacoma TRD that would lift the load? Don't mind if it is a stiff ride as long as the they support the load. I researched the following replacement springs, but they say, due to removal of the factory overload spring there will be a slight decrease (Alcan) or decrease (Deaver) in gross max weight handling capability over the stock leaf packs.Would it be best to just replace the springs with new stock leaf spring sets from Toyota?

Would an add-a-leaf work? Not sure if they would be good with my already sagging stock leaf springs.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
You can pick up an Alcan AAL from toyteclifts.com for $80. That should cure the sagging issue and give you about a 2" lift in the rear from where it sits now.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #3
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get the TSB done? Maybe do that, then get an AAL.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Did you get the TSB done? Maybe do that, then get an AAL.
x2. and welcome to Tacoma World baja
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
I'm over the 36k, not sure if eligible for the TSB. I'll print it out and give it a try. Any suggestions or examples of people who've had success getting it done over 36k?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
dbkonkle is on a distinguished road
dbkonkle's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered airbags to assist the factory leaf springs? A friend is using them on his 1/2 ton chevy to level it out when carrying his camper. He has the fill valve installed inside the gas cap cover and uses a 12 volt compresor to air them up. Just dump most of the air when not needed.

Just an idea, if you don't have the camper on the truck all the time.

David
Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
camper is on 24/7. considered airbags, but like Timbrens, less maintenance.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
i've used timbrens on the front of trucks with snow plows and they worked very well and weren't noticeable without the extra weight. i have no experience with airbags but i have a friend with a f-150 and camper and he has bags on it
Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a review of the Timbrens from our very own phantom: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...installed.html