Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st Gen UCA Question

Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
oh ok, happen to know what exact part failed? you can really only blame the failure on camburg if the arm itself failed or a weld... other than that... shit breaks when you abuse it... even if it's just a little. i've had my suspension fail on me... it's nobody's fault, parts wear out. if anybody is to blame it would be me for not checking as often as i should have. now i know, and knowing is half the battle... GI JOE!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
oh ok, happen to know what exact part failed? you can really only blame the failure on camburg if the arm itself failed or a weld... other than that... shit breaks when you abuse it... even if it's just a little. i've had my suspension fail on me... it's nobody's fault, parts wear out. if anybody is to blame it would be me for not checking as often as i should have. now i know, and knowing is half the battle... GI JOE!!!

It looks like it could have been a bad weld, but the yellow line shows where it ripped apart and it ripped along the weld line.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen UCA Question-failed-burg.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
why does your SAW coilover say "eibach" also how does the SAW coilovers ride? i was looking at getting the burg/icon mid travel kit from wheelers but they have SAW's on there as well just wanting to know how they ride. I've read that the saws have some sag to them is that true?
matt how was your ride with the burg/icon kit?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #24
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
why does your SAW coilover say "eibach" also how does the SAW coilovers ride? i was looking at getting the burg/icon mid travel kit from wheelers but they have SAW's on there as well just wanting to know how they ride. I've read that the saws have some sag to them is that true?
Because they are eibachs? And it is a world of difference for me since I came off of stock with a spacer lift. I don't notice any sag. You do notice every little bump in the road a bit more but thats expected with a stiffer ride.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
i was more than happy with my icon/burg set up. the performance gains are amazing, considering the fact that the parts are all bolt on