Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st Gen UCA Question

Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen UCA Question

Well I have my 2.5" SAW's and the stock uca's aren't cutting it anymore. Plus, I wanna go mid travel.

Who should I go with and why? And can someone tell me the pro's and con's of each if you could?

Total Chaos
Camburg
All Pro
Light Racing
Any others I forgot?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen UCA Question-gopr0466.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Total chaos and they are great. Camburg is also a great company but I heard they can sometimes squeak which i didn't want. Any of them should work fine but if you are going midtravel, then go with a uniball over the ball joint because the uniball is much stronger.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTaco28 View Post
I went with Total chaos and they are great. Camburg is also a great company but I heard they can sometimes squeak which i didn't want. Any of them should work fine but if you are going midtravel, then go with a uniball over the ball joint because the uniball is much stronger.
That's what I was thinking. The only thing I'm confused about is the price difference between TC and Burg. I've heard that camburg is lower quality than TC and was wondering if that's the reason why?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagget13 View Post
That's what I was thinking. The only thing I'm confused about is the price difference between TC and Burg. I've heard that camburg is lower quality than TC and was wondering if that's the reason why?
Ya I honestly don't know why TC is more expensive. Must have to do with the quality of the materials and I read all over the internet and no one had a problem with the TC ones. Go to metal tech for the TC uca's, they were $645 with free shipping and no tax which was a great deal.

heres the link: http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-275-96...unner-uca.aspx
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Ya I honestly don't know why TC is more expensive. Must have to do with the quality of the materials and I read all over the internet and no one had a problem with the TC ones. Go to metal tech for the TC uca's, they were $645 with free shipping and no tax which was a great deal.

heres the link: http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-275-96...unner-uca.aspx
Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Still going to do a bit more research before I make the dive.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Still going to do a bit more research before I make the dive.
Ya no problem. I researched for months haha
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Ya no problem. I researched for months haha
Yeah me too...I am basically deciding between TC and Burg. Thos seem to be the most recommended. But then again, it's all about the Benjamin's
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Burg is not a lower quality product by any measure. In fact, most Camburg products come with stainless uniballs where as TC does not. Functionally Camburg and TC are on the same plain. With the first gens there's no difference in uniball size, both Burg and TC use 1" uni's. In the second gen's however, camburg uses a larger 1.25" uni.

However, since they started building trophy trucks, Camburg forgot about the little guys. Good luck getting them to answer a fucking email let alone pick up the phone. My decion on TC was simple...they picked up the phone, transfered me over to tech (not even sales) and eagerly answered any questions I had, not even being a customer. I can't say I had the same experience from Camburg.

I won't buy anything from Camburg purely based on principle. I however make a decent living. Bang for buck you won't beat Burg's price.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Burg is not a lower quality product by any measure. In fact, most Camburg products come with stainless uniballs where as TC does not. Functionally Camburg and TC are on the same plain. With the first gens there's no difference in uniball size, both Burg and TC use 1" uni's. In the second gen's however, camburg uses a larger 1.25" uni.

However, since they started building trophy trucks, Camburg forgot about the little guys. Good luck getting them to answer a fucking email let alone pick up the phone. My decion on TC was simple...they picked up the phone, transfered me over to tech (not even sales) and eagerly answered any questions I had, not even being a customer. I can't say I had the same experience from Camburg.

I won't buy anything from Camburg purely based on principle. I however make a decent living. Bang for buck you won't beat Burg's price.

Thanks for the great info. I was only wondering because I've heard a lot of stories about Burgs' shit breaking. But now that I hear that they are disregarding the little guys, I'm thinking TC is my best route.
Btw JBerry, I idolize your truck. I freaking love it! I wish I had it! Definitely going to build it somewhat similarly to yours.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #10

He obviously knows a lot more than me haha and x2 on an awesome truck! Been my favorite since I joined TW
Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #11

Quote:
He obviously knows a lot more than me haha and x2 on an awesome truck! Been my favorite since I joined TW
Yeah, his truck is definitely my favorite....but Matt's (Nelson18Matt or whatever his name is) truck is a close second.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah, his truck is definitely my favorite....but Matt's (Nelson18Matt or whatever his name is) truck is a close second.
Matt's truck is gay.

I hope he reads this.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the great info. I was only wondering because I've heard a lot of stories about Burgs' shit breaking. But now that I hear that they are disregarding the little guys, I'm thinking TC is my best route.
Btw JBerry, I idolize your truck. I freaking love it! I wish I had it! Definitely going to build it somewhat similarly to yours.
i ran burg UCA way back when i was mid travel. great product, but like jason said... their customer service is lacking... nothing wrong with their products though. camburg builds amazing products that perform.

curious, where did you hear a story about a burg upper arm breaking...?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
The Mad Scientist

Oh shit...he's here.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Matt's truck is gay.

I hope he reads this.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i ran burg UCA way back when i was mid travel. great product, but like jason said... their customer service is lacking... nothing wrong with their products though. camburg builds amazing products that perform.

curious, where did you hear a story about a burg upper arm breaking...?

My family is friends with The whole Missing Lenk Offroad race team. They race class 1 if you haven't heard of them. Anyways, one of the drivers, I think it's Brett, had a complete upper arm failure. The seat that the uni-ball was sitting in ripped off of the arm. Wasn't going too hard as he says. But that's all he told me. I wasn't there. If I can I'll dig up pictures.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #18

Quote:
My family is friends with The whole Missing Lenk Offroad race team. They race class 1 if you haven't heard of them. Anyways, one of the drivers, I think it's Brett, had a complete upper arm failure. The seat that the uni-ball was sitting in ripped off of the arm. Wasn't going too hard as he says. But that's all he told me. I wasn't there. If I can I'll dig up pictures.
oh i see, shit failing on a race truck is a whole different story...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
oh i see, shit failing on a race truck is a whole different story...
Sorry, should have specified. It was his DD. Not race vehicle. They race class 1 buggies. His taco didn't get beat very much at all.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Sorry, should have specified. It was his DD. Not race vehicle. They race class 1 buggies. His taco didn't get beat very much at all.
oh ok, happen to know what exact part failed? you can really only blame the failure on camburg if the arm itself failed or a weld... other than that... shit breaks when you abuse it... even if it's just a little. i've had my suspension fail on me... it's nobody's fault, parts wear out. if anybody is to blame it would be me for not checking as often as i should have. now i know, and knowing is half the battle... GI JOE!!!