Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

If you had a few thousand dollars to drop in your Yota...what would you do??

Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #41
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
Gotta say: Been looking at Littlebro 5, sander1036, 01TacOma, Blackdawg, and a few others tacos. And I'm liking alot of what they done to there trucks. Thanks guys for putting up pics and your build pages, Deffently helped me out and gave me motivation to try and do alot of it myself. I'll have some help from buddies who are more mechanicaly inclined than I am.

If any you guys wanna pitch in any ideas or problems you came along while instaling your Mods for your 1st Gens, let me know. Again thanks for the info.
I am really happy with my current setup. So far i could not be happier.

However...i already have plans for my next go around.

King 2.5s upfront with 700lb coils(bumper and winch plus ill have a lot more armor) and Camburg UCAs

out back I'm still undecided shock wise..fox or king i guess

for leafs, I'm going to relocate my hangers and get some Allpro Expo leafs and keep my 1.5'' shackles. I'll need the beefy leafs as ill have Plate rear bumper with tire gate, bed rack, roof rack, sliders and a RTT.

i will also do a ubolt flip and relocate the shocks to this configuration /\

but that won't happen for a while i think. A year or two depending.

i really like how my truck sits now and rides tho And thanks for the complement!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #42
neilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud of
neilvan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd Boss View Post
with a few thousand dollars i would buy a gas card and load it up. #mpgsucks
Exactly what I thought.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #43
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I am really happy with my current setup. So far i could not be happier.

However...i already have plans for my next go around.

King 2.5s upfront with 700lb coils(bumper and winch plus ill have a lot more armor) and Camburg UCAs

out back I'm still undecided shock wise..fox or king i guess

for leafs, I'm going to relocate my hangers and get some Allpro Expo leafs and keep my 1.5'' shackles. I'll need the beefy leafs as ill have Plate rear bumper with tire gate, bed rack, roof rack, sliders and a RTT.

i will also do a ubolt flip and relocate the shocks to this configuration /\

but that won't happen for a while i think. A year or two depending.

i really like how my truck sits now and rides tho And thanks for the complement!
Ya, I'm torn between Fox and King coil overs up front.
Funny how you mentioned the All Pro Expo leafs...I was looking at them. I already have OME Dakars on. and I am planning to put some weight in the back.

No problem
Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #44
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No way, cool, I use to live up in Mooresville. Gradurated from Lake Norman. and bought my truck in Rock Hill SC....so that area started My Yota Fantasies
That's right in my neck of the woods haha. Funny, I went down to Rock Hill to buy my truck as well
Old 02-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #45
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
That's right in my neck of the woods haha. Funny, I went down to Rock Hill to buy my truck as well
Looks like Good things will happen with your truck
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #46

If I were to get the Fox or King shocks for the rear, would they fit in the orginal spots, or do I have to do some modifications?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #47
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
If I were to get the Fox or King shocks for the rear, would they fit in the orginal spots, or do I have to do some modifications?
To get full use I would mount them like I did || you will see on my build.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
To get full use I would mount them like I did || you will see on my build.
I see how you had them. Got the coming up behind the axle.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #49
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Rear plate bumper and dyna mat to quiet interior.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
check back on my info on tue. thats when the last of my shit goes on then you'll see what i would do wth acouple grand
Nice, I'll be waiting
Old 02-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #52

What ya'll think about a Long travel suspension. and How much modification would I have to do??
Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
LT is awesome. Very expensive tho, but depends on how far off the deep end you want to go.

new fenders, new shock hoops? lots of stuff..bypasses..secondaries..
sounds sooo complicated. lol,

I was asking my twin what I should get...and He kept saying Long Travel.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #56

ya true...maybe I'll wait, cause Hawaii is a pain in the ass about lifted or modified trucks. I'll just do a mid travel style suspension. and work my way eventualy to a LT
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #57
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
keep basically everything stock but in excellent condition with the best parts (shocks, brakes, bushings, etc.) and then swap a 1uz-fe to the stock manual trans.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
What ya'll think about a Long travel suspension. and How much modification would I have to do??
it is a lot of money and you have to get new fenders just for 3" more wheel travel.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
it is a lot of money and you have to get new fenders just for 3" more wheel travel.
Ya, Money aint the problem, its the know how.
but I decided to work my way up to it. Hawaii is a pain with trucks being modified.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #60

Well I can add a snorkel to that Wish list now.....ordered me one.