Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

If you had a few thousand dollars to drop in your Yota...what would you do??

Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
If you had a few thousand dollars to drop in your Yota...what would you do??

So, after reading through a bunch of threads...Looks like I'm wanting a new suspension...to a certain degree. So here is my idea:
---I got a 1st Gen Yota, I wanna replace my shocks. I was thinking of Fox 2.5 coil over, I already have some All Pro UCAs, and have OME leaf springs in the rear. And wanted something a little more performance wise for shocks in the rear also. So with this set-up what would you guys suggest?---

any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks fellow Taco owners.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
If I had a few grand to drop in my yota.. that's easy... Supercharger!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
If I had a few grand to drop in my yota.. that's easy... Supercharger!!
LOL, well shit, never actually thought of that one...but I was mostly referring to the suspension of my truck.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Just got Kings all-around, TC uca's, and OME Dakars in the rear. All from DSM with a great discount. Then I promptly left town. Loved the few moments I had with them, though!
Kings?? Arent they similar to Fox? (i know we got some die hard fans on TW so don't kill me if I try to compare the two)
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
If I dropped a few thousand dollars in my truck I would... pick it up.
3in lift and 285s would do it for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
If I dropped a few thousand dollars in my truck I would... pick it up.
3in lift and 285s would do it for me.
Smooth
Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Similar? Yes, but still different enough to make me go Kings. Along with the numerous reviews on this site, I also checked out reviews like http://www.offroad-engineering.com/foxvsking.html for a comparison.

Some friends of mine race Baja w/ Kings, and that helped my decision, too, although I despise their blue color.
Deffently appreciate the info.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
with a few thousand dollars i would buy a gas card and load it up. #mpgsucks
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #12

Ohh you better believe I'll post some pics.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
lift and wheels
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #14

ya, so it looks like I may go with the Fox 2.5 Coil overs in the front..should I get a new lower control arm?

And I still don't know what I should get for the rear. I looked on AllPro.com and found they have Walker Evans...does anyone have any experiances with those shocks??
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
Taco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud ofTaco Erik has much to be proud of

Name: Erik
Taco Erik's Tacoma Gallery
kings or icons!! all i have to say! LT or lift! 4 inch is perfect not to much not to little just perfect!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #16

I'm more leaning towards the Mid Travel and long travel suspension.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #17

Any info on what type of Rear suspension....anyone??
Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
just depends on what you plan on using the truck for
Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #19

gonna pick up my off-roading more than normal. more like trail ridding through different terrains.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Total chaos UCA, modified stock LCA, engine cage. Frame reinforcement, king 2.5" shocks with resi, king 2.5 bypass shock, king 2.5 bump stops, second shock mount, spindle gusets, coil Bucket gusets. Rear I would do UAS, 2.5 king bump stop, 12" shackle, cantilever 14" 3.0 king bypass shocks. ARB air lockers front and rear, supercharger, 18" magnaflow, URD headers, elite front and rear bumpers, bud built skids, full sized spare tire.