Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rancho quicklift?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
TacoTimmy is on a distinguished road
TacoTimmy's Tacoma Gallery
rancho quicklift?

I have an 07 Prerunner TRD. I am looking at the Rancho quicklift to level it out. it is 1.25" lower in the front and that is exactly what the QL lifts it. I did a search but couldnt find anyone who actually had them. can anyone comment on this setup?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
CRASHSOME will become famous soon enough
CRASHSOME's Tacoma Gallery
Freind of mine did an instal on his 2007 frontier 4x4, lookes great and drives great to. He did wind up installig 1 inch blocks in the rear after with matching rs9000 rear shocks.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It's a budget lift. Go for it if you're just wanting some extra inches. But you do get what you pay for.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
160 per shock is a budget lift? I figured for a leveling kit it was kinda high. Would the billstiens be the better option?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Post a link to it? Cause for that setup it does sound high. For a few bucks more you could get an OME set up which is vastly superior. Hell, you could get 5100 Billies for that much.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTimmy View Post
I have an 07 Prerunner TRD. I am looking at the Rancho quicklift to level it out. it is 1.25" lower in the front and that is exactly what the QL lifts it. I did a search but couldnt find anyone who actually had them. can anyone comment on this setup?
No one has them because everyone is running Bilstein 5100's instead.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
CRASHSOME will become famous soon enough
CRASHSOME's Tacoma Gallery
i guess it's what they say is what it is... u are getting a new strut, new coil spring and it's pre assembled. not to mention it's adjustable so u can soffen the ride if u like.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Resident Jackass

I know it's completely different, but they have them on the F350 FX4 models. Fine for small bumps, but they bottom out like crazy on bigger stuff. I know it's a different truck so take that with a grain of salt cause there's an extra 5000lbs on an F350 and I realize that. But that's my take on it.

Personally I'd go 5100 billies, or if you think you're going to offroad for sure, save your sheckles a bit longer and go OME.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
http://gorancho.com/shocks.php?shock=quickLIFT_Loaded

here is a link to rancho...looks good to me fully assembled, adjustable dampening.... I just hate to be the guinnea pig. lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://gorancho.com/shocks.php?shock=quickLIFT_Loaded

here is a link to rancho...looks good to me fully assembled, adjustable dampening.... I just hate to be the guinnea pig. lol.
What's the price? Like others have said OME or if you want adjustable pick up those Icon's in the 2nd Gen Marketplace.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
No one has them because everyone is running Bilstein 5100's instead.

Actually the rancho is a great shock, its based on the old Gabriel "E" series (hydraulic) I used to run 8 Gabriel racing E's on my old power wagon & they were roughly 33"-34" extended/ 17" or so collapsed long ass shocks

much better than Rough Country back then, which was no more than a re valved monroe without the boot, & there wasn't one out there on the road that wasn't leaking/blowing fluid all over hell, I've seen a new set do one run , not even a hard one ,blow all seals on all 4 shocks wow, those early one were real pieces of shit...

but $160 per shock has got to be wrong, shit you could hit all 4 corners on yours with 5100's for $300 & change if ya wait for the right deal
Old 02-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
they are complete replacements, springs mounts and shocks
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Search function is your friend.

These have been out for awhile and there are some pics in a couple of threads with some people running them.

If you want them so bad buy them. Overall most run the 5100 billies and are happy with them based on cost and performance.

Close thread
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Any other info/feedback on these? I had my truck in the local shop and asked the shop owner what he would recommend for a decent, affordable lift on my 07 prerunner, and this was the first thing he said...adjustable Rancho's on all 4 corners. He said parts and labor for them to install would be about $900, and would give me up to 3 inches of lift all the way around.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
Any other info/feedback on these? I had my truck in the local shop and asked the shop owner what he would recommend for a decent, affordable lift on my 07 prerunner, and this was the first thing he said...adjustable Rancho's on all 4 corners. He said parts and labor for them to install would be about $900, and would give me up to 3 inches of lift all the way around.
Dude that's way to expensive. Install should be less than two hours since they are preassembled and you dont need to break down the factory struts or put these together. You can get a 2 to 3 inch Toytec or OME setup for that kinda money.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...235c96e4d8.jpg
costs 630 and

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...4b8fa30bae.jpg
cost 735 and are vastly superior to the Rancho stuff in my opinion.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Dude that's way to expensive. Install should be less than two hours since they are preassembled and you dont need to break down the factory struts or put these together. You can get a 2 to 3 inch Toytec setup for that kinda money.
Thanks. That seemed sort of hight to me also. I'll be shopping around when the time comes.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
Thanks. That seemed sort of hight to me also. I'll be shopping around when the time comes.
Ya there's a lot of nice stuff for Tacoma's. Lots of aftermarket support out there.