Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

XSP new guy Lift question

Old 12-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
flsiltib is on a distinguished road
Army:
flsiltib's Tacoma Gallery
XSP new guy Lift question

hello i have had my XSP now for about a year, thought i would ask others that might have lifted their prerunners. I am looking at lifting my 2wd XSP 4dr 3 inches. i have the factory 20's and would like to know what size tires yall are using on their trucks with 3in lift. thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to Tacoma World flsiltib. there are a few 3" options to choose from. most of us are running 33" tires on a 16,17, or even an 18 inch rim. 285/70/17, 285/75/16. do a search in the drop down box.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Army:
thanks rick, i was looking just trying to see what folks were using with 20's since they are already on the truck. I would just like to add new tires and the lift. thanks for the welcome...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
here are some bigger tires you should be able to run with a lift, if you want to keep your 20's
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...0&startIndex=0
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=All&x=96&y=11
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...0&startIndex=0
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
i can be wrong !
and not a expert!

but think if you have 20's now you already have some kind of lift?
i saw a copy of a dealer sticker and think they showed a lift installed?
Stock XSP's do not have a lift. unless dealer installed.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Army:
my truck is a stock prerunner XSP double cab, i am looking to put a 3 in lift under it just to be able to some larger tires.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
Army:
thanks it is a 6 lug 2WD, with the stock Enkei 20in wheels. Just wanted to get what others have used without any rubbing or very little. thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
you should be able to run a 32"-33", or equivalent metric size tire on those wheels with minimal or no rub, alot of the rub issue will depend on the series of tire you get. The middle number in a tire size determines (series) how tall the sidewall of the tire will be, the higher the number the taller/skinnier the tire will be.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
Army:
i have 255/50/20 on the truck. thanks for the advice
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery

I want to see your truck!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
Army:
dont have pics posted but it looks like the other XSP trucks i have seen here. i am looking to buy the 3in kit and intsall, but i would like to keep my current 20' Enkei wheels. i have been searching to find what others have used, when i get a photo i will post. its a silver 4dr XSP with the Enkei 20in
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flsiltib View Post
dont have pics posted but it looks like the other XSP trucks i have seen here. i am looking to buy the 3in kit and intsall, but i would like to keep my current 20' Enkei wheels. i have been searching to find what others have used, when i get a photo i will post. its a silver 4dr XSP with the Enkei 20in

if you decide you want to part with those Enkei's, let me know.