Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

removing bushing on leaf spring

Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
removing bushing on leaf spring

I will be installing my lift shackles soon and wanted to know how some of you are removing the bushing from their leaf spring. I see you can burn them out but that's not a real option for me. Also you can wedge a chilsel between the section that wraps around and folds back. This will open the eye enough to drive the bushing out. Just need a absolute answer to this before I spend my day off in the driveway only to figure out later that I can't get them out.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Just get new bushings, not worth it to try and re-use old bushing. And most likely the bushing will get destroyed in the process of taking it out.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
I don't have any plans to reuse them as the new shackles have bushings and bolts. Just wanted to see if anyone here had a easy way to remove them so that I'm not out there for hours trying to do a simple job the hard way.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I don't have any plans to reuse them as the new shackles have bushings and bolts. Just wanted to see if anyone here had a easy way to remove them so that I'm not out there for hours trying to do a simple job the hard way.

If you have new bushings to replace, break out the torch , hold your nose & burn baby burn.....
Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Air Force:
LOL...nah just may as well have the guys at work do it with a torch. Just have to pay $25 an hour in labor cost.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL...nah just may as well have the guys at work do it with a torch. Just have to pay $25 an hour in labor cost.
Then I'd def. plunk down the $25 & let them smell that shit, it'd be $75 worth of frustration trying to pound them out....
Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Air Force:
I know the perfect co-worker for this job...LOL
Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know the perfect co-worker for this job...LOL

Hahaha let'm know he's the right guy for the job, no one else can do it..