Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift kit??

Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
lift kit??

Thinking about suspension lift kit or maybe even body lift, what would you all suggest. looking at about 3'' at the most, any ideas. also i was looking for a bed cover but, i also want a tool box, does anyone have any ideas or thought about that. oh and if you have a lift on your truck, post a pic so i know what to expect when i buy.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking into a lift as well. Look into Toytec @ toyteclifts.com they specialize in toyota parts. I think I am going to go with the 3" toytec lift with the add a leaf rear lift.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i have a pro comp 3in lift with spacer in the front and an add a leaf in the rear and i love it
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money and get some replacement coilovers for the front like Donahoe, SAWs or Kings and shackles for AALs for the rear.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen taco's cannot use shackle lifts in the rear, if yours is 2nd gen go with add a leaf in the rear.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOTaco View Post
2nd gen taco's cannot use shackle lifts in the rear, if yours is 2nd gen go with add a leaf in the rear.

Oooops, may bad, thanks for the correction, SLOTaco!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
Ultimate Member

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know what year he's got but I ran into that problem while looking into a lift for my '06. I also thought that lifting my truck would void the warranty but it wont. According to FED law a warranty can only be voided if the dealer can prove the after market part was the cause of the problem.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
bite me

Quote:
Don't know what year he's got but I ran into that problem while looking into a lift for my '06. I also thought that lifting my truck would void the warranty but it wont. According to FED law a warranty can only be voided if the dealer can prove the after market part was the cause of the problem.
Yep, it's called the Magnusson-Moss Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
Ultimate Member

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats it
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
toytec, pro comp or if your want to go big Fabtech
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a ProComp lift on mine and it looks great!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
got any pics Lee?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #13
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
got any pics Lee?
No other pic, just what I have there.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #14
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
so i have been reading all this info yall, and its great, but i really am a novice and can you all tell me what you purchased for your truck. because i am looking at these kits and they are only like 225 bucks is that the right price......?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
what lift.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #16
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
sound about rite you will prob need new shoks on top of that can you install it yourself
Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 AM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, i'm starting to look into lifts. as you know i have the TRD and i don't want to get rid of my bilsteins. I was looking at toytec too. i was looking at the second kit down from the top of this page.....

http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...07tacoliftkits

I'm a novice too when it comes to lifting. Anyone have any opinions of this kit and can you tell me if i have to replace the shocks, cause that is gonna get too expensive. Let me know what you guys think
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #18
Ultimate Member

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofs View Post
so i have been reading all this info yall, and its great, but i really am a novice and can you all tell me what you purchased for your truck. because i am looking at these kits and they are only like 225 bucks is that the right price......?
That sounds about right, of course, if you want new wheels and tires it could be another $1,500 or more, plus labor to install the lift. The toytec 3" lift with new front coils and rear add a leaf is about $300 just for the kit.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sounds about right, of course, if you want new wheels and tires it could be another $1,500 or more, plus labor to install the lift. The toytec 3" lift with new front coils and rear add a leaf is about $300 just for the kit.
i was looking at that one online. If i order that kit is that all i will need or do i have to upgrade shocks and stuff too. The site says it works with stock shocks but i'm not sure if i want to listen to the site
Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #20
nceguystaco is on a distinguished road

nceguystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to nceguystaco Send a message via AIM to nceguystaco
3" skyjacker

i just lifted mine last week with a skyjacker 3" lift kit #tc530stk-n the dash n is i added nitro rear shocks i bought it at 4wheelonline.com was like 416.00 shipped hope is some help
Attached Thumbnails
lift kit??-truck-006.jpg