Home made rear leaf blocks

Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
TJDaveC is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Dave
TJDaveC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
so youd rather spend money on a rig you rarely use and have an unsafe one for daily use. think it over for a second.

1.5" aal
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

I am not opposed to AAL. Refer to my previous post.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #22

Navy:
TJDaveC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
is a 1/2" gonna really be noticeable?

2 1/2" in the front made a HUGE difference! I think if it was just 2" it would be level now and I could leave the rear alone.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveC View Post
2 1/2" in the front made a HUGE difference! I think if it was just 2" it would be level now and I could leave the rear alone.
With the stock leaf's i think you would be level. if you go with a 1 inch block you're still going to have some nose up bro lean.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #24

Navy:
TJDaveC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Sure did lol. Go to toytec lifts they also have a TW discount
$92 with shipping and discount. Guess I'll go this route. Hopefully it's level. The spring should sag after time anyway. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveC View Post
$92 with shipping and discount. Guess I'll go this route. Hopefully it's level. The spring should sag after time anyway. Thanks for the help.
Surething
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #26
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
glad we could talk you off the edge lol
Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is just a daily driver as well. Had 3.5 blocks for about 4 years without any problems. Rangers came with them back in the day from the factory. 3500 rams have them too. So forth and so on. I also used AAL but hated every minute of it. Then I made my own like Doug did but my truck was just way too light for the extra stiffness it brought. So Next up is shackles.