Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

"HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION

Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Newbietaco08 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trav
Newbietaco08's Tacoma Gallery
"HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION

Hi Guys I really need your help new to this forum. Saw some pics on this site by another member of how to install toytec rear add-a-leaf and ran into a serious problem. First of all centering pin is off and axle has turned inward now my passenger tire almost touches the rear mud flap and centering pin is almost off of the axle. I couldn't fit the AAL so I put the stock leafs back on. Any idea how I can move axle back so that centering hole on axle matches up with centering pin on the AAL's? There is a slight slant of the axle. These are stock tires 245/75/16 and its so close to the mud flap.. Many thanks for any reply...
Attached Thumbnails
"HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION-photo-1-.jpg   "HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION-photo-2-.jpg   "HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION-photo-4-.jpg   "HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION-photo-5-.jpg   "HELP NEEDED" REAR AXLE MOVED DURING AAL INSTALLATION-photo.jpg  

Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
jack the truck up by the frame pull the tires and loosen the u bolts and recenter the axle, then torque the shit out of the ubolts and put everything back together
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, set truck on stands, remove wheels/tires, loosen u-bolts, shift axle back into place with center pin into hole on leaf spring perch, tighten u-bolts to about 90 ft-lbs in criss cross pattern.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbietaco08 View Post
Hi Guys I really need your help new to this forum. Saw some pics on this site by another member of how to install toytec rear add-a-leaf and ran into a serious problem. First of all centering pin is off and axle has turned inward now my passenger tire almost touches the rear mud flap and centering pin is almost off of the axle. Tried to hold it by the u bolts. Any idea how I can move axle back so that centering hole on axle matches up with centering pin on the AAL's. These are stock tires 245/75/16 and its so close to the mud flap..
Man it into place. And what the other guy said. Don't worry about messing up alignment.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Newbietaco08 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trav
Newbietaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys I'll definitely give it a try.