Notices

Good Lift Set-Up

Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Pavement Pounder
MWink is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
MWink's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Good Lift Set-Up

alright guys, i have a 3 inch rough country spacer lift and i'm ready to replace it. i've searced through tons of threads and haven't been able to makeup my mind. i've been leaning towards the RCD lift because i don't have to replace my ucas and it cost about the same as a nice 3 inch set-up and it's an 1.5 inch taller. the only drawback is that i have 32" tires and they will look too small with this lift IMO (i'm 17 and don't have a lot of $ for another set of tires). 98% of my driving is in town or on the highway and the other 2% is going down a dirtroad to a party or someone's house, so nothing extreme at all. i wanted to know what y'all think would be the better set-up for me, a nice 3 inch lift like OME or toytec with ucas or save up for the RCD lift and new tires? i don't want any sag and want something that will be able to support a brushguard if i decide to get one in the future.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWink View Post
alright guys, i have a 3 inch rough country spacer lift and i'm ready to replace it. i've searced through tons of threads and haven't been able to makeup my mind. i've been leaning towards the RCD lift because i don't have to replace my ucas and it cost about the same as a nice 3 inch set-up and it's an 1.5 inch taller. the only drawback is that i have 32" tires and they will look too small with this lift IMO (i'm 17 and don't have a lot of $ for another set of tires). 98% of my driving is in town or on the highway and the other 2% is going down a dirtroad to a party or someone's house, so nothing extreme at all. i wanted to know what y'all think would be the better set-up for me, a nice 3 inch lift like OME or toytec with ucas or save up for the RCD lift and new tires? i don't want any sag and want something that will be able to support a brushguard if i decide to get one in the future.
Get the OME lift, best 3" lift you can buy.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
I love mu Old Man Emu setup
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Im running my eibach coils on 5100s, which gave me about 3.5" of lift...with stock uca's
new uca's arent MANDATORY with 3" lifts, but help with vibes
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil J View Post
I love mu Old Man Emu setup
Me too.
If you go larger than 33" tires you'll want to regear.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
rossivey is on a distinguished road
rossivey's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered my OME lift last night. Putting 285/75s on with new wheels as soon as it all comes in.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Get the OME lift, best 3" lift you can buy at a reasonable budget.
Fixed for ya

Sorry, OME doesn't beat out Fox, King, Icon, etc for best out there.

Also, aftermarket UCA's cure alignment issues, can increase articulation and tire clearance, they're not for vibes.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
thank yall for the responses! for the people with the OME lift, did yall get the full 3 inches out of the lift or did it just get you close? i guess the 885 coils will be stiff enough to not have any sag. once my BFGs wear out i'm gonna upgrade to 33s and i didn't think you had to regear since i have the 4.0 V6
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, i misread the regearing thing.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Im running my eibach coils on 5100s, which gave me about 3.5" of lift...with stock uca's
new uca's arent MANDATORY with 3" lifts, but help with vibes
hows you tire wear.....and ya OP toytec eibachs ftw
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
choosing a lift is hard! i'm lookin for a lift that'll give 3-3.5 inches of lift or the RCD kit. how do you guys with the RCD lift like it? ride height and performance.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thank yall for the responses! for the people with the OME lift, did yall get the full 3 inches out of the lift or did it just get you close? i guess the 885 coils will be stiff enough to not have any sag. once my BFGs wear out i'm gonna upgrade to 33s and i didn't think you had to regear since i have the 4.0 V6
I have 885s & Dakars without spacers gave me a full 3" front & rear. You'll get more in the rear without a shell.
I said if you go larger than 33" tires you'll want to regear. 33" tires are too much for my 4Banger with a 280 mile/week commute. Plus the Dungflops have too much rubber on them to throw out. Thats why I run two sets of tires.
With my commuting tires 245/75/16 Dunflops on steelies.

With my wheeling tires 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
885's , no top plate , got me 2 1/2" of lift on my DCLB 4x4 , the Dakars netted me 2 3/4" out back
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
how is the ride quality of the 886 coils compared to the procomp 3 inch suspension lift?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
how is the ride quality of the 886 coils compared to the procomp 3 inch suspension lift?
How much weight do you plan on adding to the front?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Procomp coils are a higher spring rate ( stiffer ) than the 886 coils
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
choosing a lift is hard! i'm lookin for a lift that'll give 3-3.5 inches of lift or the RCD kit. how do you guys with the RCD lift like it? ride height and performance.
If you don't mind being as high as 4", look into spindles since you have a Prerunner. You'll still have a nice, stock ride, won't need new UCA's and will have a nice stance.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
only 50 to 60 pounds, whatever a brushguard weighs. i like how the spindle lift works, i just don't like how it makes the front tires stick out further than the back tires.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
Bump