Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Reason for after-market UCA's

Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Reason for after-market UCA's

In the middle of installing some new SpiderTrax spacers I found why new uca's are going to be important with a 3" lift. On the passenger side of the truck the spring is in just the right spot, at full suspension drop, to rub the sealed ball joint making the seal split open. Dont know for how long it has been like this but it makes me want/need new uca's sooner then i thought.
What are some of your thoughts about this?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats one of the many things I try and tell people when lifting.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
In the middle of installing some new SpiderTrax spacers I found why new uca's are going to be important with a 3" lift. On the passenger side of the truck the spring is in just the right spot, at full suspension drop, to rub the sealed ball joint making the seal split open. Dont know for how long it has been like this but it makes me want/need new uca's sooner then i thought.
What are some of your thoughts about this?
yep...........new ones are in order soon man...........the ball joint will lose the grease and rust quick as hell.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you think a 2.5 or 2" would not let it do that?
2.5 is probably pushing it, close anyway, but i dont think the angle on 2 inches would do that, not for a good while anyway. eventually, it probably would the more the truck is flexed and all.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Probably when you least expect it and its gonna cost the most. Isn't that how it always goes?
yep..........my thoughts exactly!!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
so, with tc ucas this would never happen? i have the billies set to 2.5...
Old 12-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How about mjp2? His broke.
And you know what he was subjecting his truck to......I dont think I'll be racing my truck through the desert, but if I could I would so good point, forgot all about that. Did he ever say if he replaced them or stuck with allpro?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
East Bound and Down

Quote:
True, but I've read some not so hot things about them. IMO, I would just spend the extra and get something you never have to worry about. mjp2 went with Total Chaos UCA's. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tml#post268186
Quote from the Total Chaos whats new page.
"The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"
$150 extra, maybe not a bad thing
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
wow im gonna go look at mine in a min..
Old 12-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think I'm going the All Pro route for replacements as soon as i can, unless I can get compelling evidence not to.
One of the guys on TTORA ran All pro UCA's for a short while. When I decided to dump my stock UCA's he was ALL over them! He said he would rather have stock, than the All Pro UCA's. He said they were noisy, and rode horrible.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #15
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
One of the guys on TTORA ran All pro UCA's for a short while. When I decided to dump my stock UCA's he was ALL over them! He said he would rather have stock, than the All Pro UCA's. He said they were noisy, and rode horrible.
got to looking at funds, and just pulled the trigger on the TC's from down south 10 min ago,
Old 12-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #17

Quote:
thank you chris and silverback for the moral support in getting the TC's
Just wait till you get them on! you'll be happy!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #18
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Just wait till you get them on! you'll be happy!
I know it's going to drive/handle alot better but I guess I dont understand how it will ride better
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #19
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
question, i got a 3" toytec spacer kit w/aal do i need uca too? it's not installed yet.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #20
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider View Post
question, i got a 3" toytec spacer kit w/aal do i need uca too? it's not installed yet.
Wouldnt be a bad idea, the pic from post 1 is with a 3" spacer lift.