Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 Clip Adjustment Help

Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 Clip Adjustment Help

Hi all, I just received my Bilstein 5100's and wanted to set them to 1.75''. I know the correct slot to change it to but need some help. One of the front shocks is already set to 1.75'' but the other is not. Do you just pry the clip off the shock or is there something special to change the clip?

Sorry for another 5100 thread, but I searched and couldn't really find anything that matched my problem correctly.

Thanks, Matt
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
I've actually been searching around the internet for a couple minutes and some people have just said you take a screwdriver or something to pry it off. Is this the correct / safe way to adjust the c-clip on the front shocks?

Thanks, Matt
Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #4

Firefighter:
The shocks are not on the truck yet. What I'm asking is just how to move the c clip by itself when it's off the truck.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the clip should pop off with a little slotted screwdriver
Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
snap ring (circlip) pliers are the best way and won't scratch up the body of the shock like screwdrivers can
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh for christ sakes people , slide your thumb under one edge of the clip, pry back slightly & push the clip up or down to the next groove, done, very easy....
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Oh for christ sakes people , slide your thumb under one edge of the clip, pry back slightly & push the clip up or down to the next groove, done, very easy....
Yup. No tools required. And 1.75 is the second groove from the top. Top is 2.5 inches.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Yep, thank you guys for the help. Just for future reference for anyone else wanting help with this, I just used some needlenose pliers and pried one end up then the other to move it up to the desired groove, which worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Ha Ha! X2!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
marintacoma is on a distinguished road

marintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Ha Ha! X2!!
Dan I had a question, I trust the 5100s but was just wondering how such a mall c clip can hold the weight of my entire front end and support my trucks suspension? Seems like alot for such a thin piece of metal
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by marintacoma View Post
Dan I had a question, I trust the 5100s but was just wondering how such a mall c clip can hold the weight of my entire front end and support my trucks suspension? Seems like alot for such a thin piece of metal
I'm not as much an expert as dan but
I havent seen any 5100 fail, Bilstein is on record as saying that the perch will never fail, the shock itself will break before the perch gives way