Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ome 885/billy 5100, how much spacer to get 3"? Rear add-a-leaf? Upper control arm?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OK

How does 2 1/2" and 7/8" make 4" ?
The .85" lift setting is given with the OEM springs. Once you add a longer spring, with a higher rate, that ".85" setting now doesnt apply. With the 885's, the .85" setting gives slightly more than 1" lift, added to the lift the 885's give.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The .85" lift setting is given with the OEM springs. Once you add a longer spring, with a higher rate, that ".85" setting now doesnt apply. With the 885's, the .85" setting gives slightly more than 1" lift, added to the lift the 885's give.
OK .

You win this round
Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
OK .

You win this round
And....once again, you lost.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Venom73 is on a distinguished road

Venom73's Tacoma Gallery
this has answered all the question i have with 5100 with 885. and made my day lol. so funny! thank you all and TW
Old 02-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And....once again, you lost.
Why you gotta be like that
Old 02-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #26
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom73 View Post
this has answered all the question i have with 5100 with 885. and made my day lol. so funny! thank you all and TW
ur welcome for asking, lol
Old 02-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Why you gotta be like that
Just worry about how to tighten/loosen a slotted head screw. Leave the truck stuff to the Americans.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
Venom73 is on a distinguished road

Venom73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just worry about how to tighten/loosen a slotted head screw. Leave the truck stuff to the Americans.
wow them fightin' words lol. you guys can keep those and your phillips down there lol. we will stick to our robertson. jk
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom73 View Post
wow them fightin' words lol. you guys can keep those and your phillips down there lol. we will stick to our robertson. jk
Don't bother

They like their prehistoric fasteners
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #30
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 885s with 5100 set at .85 and I'm just lil over 3 inch up front.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Sorry , that's impossible
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #32
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
How so? I measured it before I did it.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How so? I measured it before I did it.
I'm just kidding .
Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #34
I gotcha ya.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Packerfan is, and he's @ 4". Who else is running 885's and 51000's at .85?
I, but the ride is shit stiff. Good thing I'm moving to coil overs
Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #36
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
delete
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
Conceal Carry

slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hows the ride quality and whats your suspension setup in the rear
Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
My ride quality improved from stock. Little stiffer over bumps but not too bad. Rear I'm using a block for now. Going to be upgraded to an aal here soon.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slodc4 View Post
^hows the ride quality and what are you using in the rear?
Eh more stiff than I'd like. I was thinking about dropping it back down to 0" and using spacers just to not per load the coil but I'm going to be taking them off soon anyways. Idk if it matters but I have the 885x coils which supposedly don't sag so maybe that would contribute to them being really stiff.

Rear I am running the Icon 1.5" pregressive leaf pack, which is smooth.