Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift questions

Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
tommy t is on a distinguished road
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
lift questions

i am considering putting a 6 inch procomp lift on my 2nd generation tacoma and was wondering if anyone had any input on the prcomp lift or any others such as ride quality and price. i am also looking at some 35 inch bfg mud terran km2 tires with some 18inch moto metal 951 wheels.
please reply if you have info and post pictures as well thanks.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Both 6 inch lifts suck. That's my info on them. There is a similar thread. Try seaeching procomp vs fabtech.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
GeatWhiteNorth is on a distinguished road

Name: Morgen
GeatWhiteNorth's Tacoma Gallery
try searching lots of stuff out there
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
whats wrong with them?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
They are 6 inch lifts that's what is wrong.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
you must not like the look of a 6 inch lift
Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Banned
Nope and since they are drop bracket lifts you lose ground clearance. Not something that matters if you mall crawl it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
i mainly want it for the looks does the drop brackets make it ride different
Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Banned
I have been in a 6 inch lifted Taco but I forgot how it rode. The same girl got in my stock truck and was wishing her truck rode like that so I'm guessing they ride like shit.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any type of lift on yours?
Old 02-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
RedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
RedDragonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want a six inch lift because it looks so much better. However, i want the best ride quality on and off the road. (not a mall crawler). If i did 6" i would want a procomp stage II but i dont want to spend that kind of money. So i am going to order the toytec 3" ultimate kit.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonTaco View Post
I want a six inch lift because it looks so much better. However, i want the best ride quality on and off the road. (not a mall crawler). If i did 6" i would want a procomp stage II but i dont want to spend that kind of money. So i am going to order the toytec 3" ultimate kit.
Why not save money to get what you really want? I mean it is a waste to buy a 6 inch lift IMO but get what you really want.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
There are 2 types of people out there, people who hate drop bracket lifts and people that will eventually hate drop bracket lifts.
lol
Old 02-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
tommy t's Tacoma Gallery
i already have a 3 inch leveling kit that is why i want the pro comp 6 inch lift and what is the big deal about drop brackets?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t View Post
i already have a 3 inch leveling kit that is why i want the pro comp 6 inch lift and what is the big deal about drop brackets?
They look like crap just like a 6 inch lift on a mid size truck.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm guessing they ride like shit.
Well you would be guessing wrong. The DB does not affect ride quality. It simply lowers the the lower control arm mounting points and the diff. My truck had a very nice ride with the Eibachs and 5100's set at .85. The rear had a Deaver AAL. Now with the DB installed and the 5100's at zero the ride is still nice. I kept the Eibachs too and that may have had a positive effect on ride. I still have the Deaver AAL in the rear with a 2.5 inch block (I know it's not a good idea) but I think the ProComp shocks are the biggest issue back there. I plan to get a new leaf pack and better rear shocks in the future but I would do that even if I didn't have a DB lift. I think replacing small P rated tires with big heavy 10 ply ones would have a bigger effect on ride. Yeah I don't wheel my truck but plenty of guys with DB lifts do. Just ask nofords.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Well you would be guessing wrong. The DB does not affect ride quality. It simply lowers the the lower control arm mounting points and the diff. My truck had a very nice ride with the Eibachs and 5100's set at .85. The rear had a Deaver AAL. Now with the DB installed and the 5100's at zero the ride is still nice. I kept the Eibachs too and that may have had a positive effect on ride. I still have the Deaver AAL in the rear with a 2.5 inch block (I know it's not a good idea) but I think the ProComp shocks are the biggest issue back there. I plan to get a new leaf pack and better rear shocks in the future but I would do that even if I didn't have a DB lift. I think replacing small P rated tires with big heavy 10 ply ones would have a bigger effect on ride. Yeah I don't wheel my truck but plenty of guys with DB lifts do. Just ask nofords.
Oh so they just look like crap then.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You are a fucking dick. Let me see your truck. If you are telling me my truck looks like crap then I know you are a liar and just trying to piss me off.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
You are a fucking dick. Let me see your truck. If you are telling me my truck looks like crap then I know you are a liar and just trying to piss me off.
My truck is mostly stock. Go to Toyota.com to see what my truck looks like.

You have 6 inches of lift? Yeah it looks like crap.