Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Diff. drop unnecessary for my truck?

Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Designated Hitter is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
Designated Hitter's Tacoma Gallery
Diff. drop unnecessary for my truck?

I'm about to buy the OME kit and I see it says diff. drop kit for 4x4's. Do I need this for my 4x4 Sport?

I have read mixed reviews on this subject, but the majority seem to say it is unnecessary on the 05'+ models. Just want to make sure that goes for my 4x4 as well.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gens it wont help and could hurt.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Squaretail is on a distinguished road
Squaretail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
2nd Gens it wont help and could hurt.

How can it hurt? I installed 'em when I did my lift on my 08 extended cab. Should I take them out?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaretail View Post
How can it hurt? I installed 'em when I did my lift on my 08 extended cab. Should I take them out?
It rotates the differential forward and, in doing so, can make it so the back parts aren't getting oil like they should. Just another added benefit according to Mr. MJP.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaretail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It rotates the differential forward and, in doing so, can make it so the back parts aren't getting oil like they should. Just another added benefit according to Mr. MJP.
^