Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally installed All Pro standard leaf packs

Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Finally installed All Pro standard leaf packs

I finally got my front leaf spring bracket bolts out. 14 years of grime and rust seized the bolts up in the rubber bushings real nice so I finally just cut them out with a sawzall.

The OEM springs were shot to shit and my rear end was sagging pretty nicely so it was beyond time for them to be replaced. It took about four blades total to get them out.

I ended up putting some Grade 5 1/2" x 4" bolts in there and they fit real snug. I was hoping for Grade 8 but 5 was all ACE Hardware had.

Finally level and fully lifted in the rear.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Can you pull that thing out of the garage and give us some more pictures??
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Awesome! Can you pull that thing out of the garage and give us some more pictures??
Sure thing. I'm working on her now so I'll snap a few.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
Did the leaf pack come with new U bolts?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #8

GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
Did the leaf pack come with new U bolts?
Nope, had to buy them separate. They won't fit in the standard u-bolt plate and I have to wait til I can weld on the new shock mounts to the axle.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
That's the same set up I purchased I am glad to see it worked out for you. I bought the all pro ubolt flip as well. Did it take them long to ship because I orderedthe leafs about a week ago and only received one email stating they were ready for delivery.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #10

GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
That's the same set up I purchased I am glad to see it worked out for you. I bought the all pro ubolt flip as well. Did it take them long to ship because I orderedthe leafs about a week ago and only received one email stating they were ready for delivery.
It was about three weeks before they were delivered but that was back in December. Hopefully you have better luck with removing your bolts. Are you welding on the shock mounts yourself?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Id upgrade those bolts asap... Check to see if theres a Fastenal near you, theyll have the bolts you need
Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dunno man, I bought the Billy 5100 RCD's they state they are direct bolt on application.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dunno man, I bought the Billy 5100 RCD's they state they are direct bolt on application.
They are i have those shocks
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
RAGEAHOLIC

You like em? I got a killer deal on them from DSMS so I got em.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You like em? I got a killer deal on them from DSMS so I got em.
They do the job, my factory shocks were trashed when i first installed. So they were a big difference out the box. Not too impressed after 30k, might be time for.another set
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
RAGEAHOLIC

I just bought them for temp purposes, along with the ones in the front until I can save up enough for a new set up which shouldnt be too long from now thanks to the 1100 a month from the gi bill plus work haha! So 30,000 is good enough for me
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just bought them for temp purposes, along with the ones in the front until I can save up enough for a new set up which shouldnt be too long from now thanks to the 1100 a month from the gi bill plus work haha! So 30,000 is good enough for me
Yea you cant beat the price from dsm, replace them four times before they cost as much as a rear resi shock
Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
RAGEAHOLIC

And thats where its at. They gave me a military discount that slammed the price down. Maybe Ill just keep what I got put the new leafs and springs on and use the money I'd spend on a more expensive set up for some sliders and a locker
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And thats where its at. They gave me a military discount that slammed the price down. Maybe Ill just keep what I got put the new leafs and springs on and use the money I'd spend on a more expensive set up for some sliders and a locker
Sounds like a plan to me