Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Extended break lines on 3 in Lift? And other questions?

Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Extended break lines on 3 in Lift? And other questions?

Hey guys. I couldnt find this out on threads so Im asking now.

Would I need extended break lines on my 2010 4x4 v6 dc with a three in lift? Im either getting ome 3in kit with aal or billes and eibach kit and aal. Could i install the lift and add it later?

And I have light racing ucas coming in mail this week and with my kit i have the dif drop(i know people dont like it but just incase i need it, axel shims and longer u bolts.

This should be fine and would I need any other parts for my 3in lift kit with 265s tires and steel wheels to install it? Thanks guys. ordering my lift tmw or tuesday. I just need to make my mind up on eibach or ome kit. decisions lol!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bump
Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
New brake lines will depend on what youre doing with the truck. If youre not going to be doing a lot of off roading with a lot of flexing youll be fine. I kept the stock brake lines with mine.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
New brake lines will depend on what youre doing with the truck. If youre not going to be doing a lot of off roading with a lot of flexing youll be fine. I kept the stock brake lines with mine.
Thank you for the infor. I will deff be offroading the truck. Nothing to hardcore just mud.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
After an hour and 14 minute bump your answer is no, you do not need extended brake lines. You'll tear out your ABS sensor wires before your brake lines. Now, it doesn't hurt to get braided extended lines.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine with stock. The all pro leaf packs need the extended lines cause your adding addl'l leafs not bending them upward like an aal.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
You should be fine with stock. The all pro leaf packs need the extended lines cause your adding addl'l leafs not bending them upward like an aal.
Oh ok I see now. Thank you guys. Sorry for the early bump.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME 3 inch lift and have not installed extended brake lines. I did purchase them though, just in case.

You may need to do the CB drop, as well.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I have the OME 3 inch lift and have not installed extended brake lines. I did purchase them though, just in case.

You may need to do the CB drop, as well.
Ok. Could I buy that later and install it or would I need to install it with my lift kit when installed.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
huh??

Adding lift whether it is from an AAL or new leaf pack increases the axle distance from the frame (where the other end of your brake lines are)plain and simple.

OP you will not need new brake lines the stockers should be just fine
Great. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
I'm super happy to get my lift lol. Can't freaking wait haha.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Coilover lifts usually lift within the vehicle's normal travel range. Since you aren't going past the stock travel length no brake lines are needed. Also we don't like diff drops because they dont do anything except take some lubrication away from the pinion bearing.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Coilover lifts usually lift within the vehicle's normal travel range. Since you aren't going past the stock travel length no brake lines are needed. Also we don't like diff drops because they dont do anything except take some lubrication away from the pinion bearing.
Ya I kind of thought that from the dif drop but I wanna get it just Incase. Rather have it then not. If I don't install it I'll have it just incase
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Ya I kind of thought that from the dif drop but I wanna get it just Incase. Rather have it then not. If I don't install it I'll have it just incase
Just in case your feel your pinion bearing has too much oil? Lol
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
huh??

Adding lift whether it is from an AAL or new leaf pack increases the axle distance from the frame (where the other end of your brake lines are)plain and simple.

OP you will not need new brake lines the stockers should be just fine
Oh Yeah without a doubt. But, w/ all pro you are adding more leafs hence ext. brake lines. With the aal your just adding the one leaf. Either way we are in accordance with the op staying with the stockers. reguardless I'm not an expert that's what I have gained w/ my limited knowledge. I have a 2" aal and stock brake lines. I have an expo pack on order w/ brake lines and flip kit. Not really sure if it's any better than an aal but, what I've heard the expo pack is not a bad way to blow 300$ (got the 20% discount).
Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just in case your feel your pinion bearing has too much oil? Lol
Lol. I know lots of people hate the dif drop but I'll get it. Not saying I'll install it but I'll have it . I'm know I sound crazy
Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #17

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at all..and for the record I put extended brake lines on mine with a new leaf pack , but I did it more for the better braking response of stainless steel versus rubber lines.
Hu? didn't know that. thanks, now I'm a little happier. Was having a little buyer's remorse, cause I hate spending money, but now I can justify it better..cool
Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
Since we are talking about break lines, how about the front? Just wanna make sure if I set my coil overs to 3.5" Can I get full flex with stock lines?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
I read that 2.5" is ideal, but what about 3"? Is there anything to fix the CV angle if I have it set to 3.5?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
sweet more topics to research thanks