Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Smaller UCAs?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
First Tacoma 2011 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
First Tacoma 2011's Tacoma Gallery
Smaller UCAs?

I have been looking around the forum for an answer and haven't found anything yet...

I put my 3'' Toytec Lift on this weekend and had my 285 BFGs mounted on my 2011 DC Tacoma 4X4. Now the tires are rubbing on the UCA when making turns. Does anyone know of a aftermarket UCA thatís not as wide as the stock UCA? I rather not do wheel spacers unless I have no other choice. Any input would be great.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
Dromlace is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Dromlace's Tacoma Gallery
any aftermarket UCA will fix the problem. it's not about width. If i remember correctly it's about the built in caster.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #3

Thanks! I think I will give toytec a call and see what they have in stock. Unless you know of another vendor that will be a little cheaper.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Tacoma 2011 View Post
Thanks! I think I will give toytec a call and see what they have in stock. Unless you know of another vendor that will be a little cheaper.
downsouth motorsports
Old 02-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Dromlace is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Dromlace's Tacoma Gallery
There's Light Racing (cheapest)
Downsouth
Total Chaos
Camburg
Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #7

Thanks guys!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You just missed a group buy on the Light Racing UCA's through Metaltech but regardless, LR will be the cheapest option. Some of the Uniball UCA's do have better clearance, google images the Total Chaos vs. the Light Racing or stock UCA and you'll see what I mean. I believe Toytec carries Light Racing.

Check out the 2nd Gen Marketplace, there was a used set of LR UCA's for sale for around $300.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromlace View Post
There's Light Racing (cheapest)
Downsouth
Total Chaos
Camburg
Icon Tubulars UCA's are cheaper at wheelersoffroad than the total chaos
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #10

Well I called Wheeler's during lunch and he recommended Camburg UCAs for my problem. Is anyone running those? They look like they are a bit cheaper than LR.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I called Wheeler's during lunch and he recommended Camburg UCAs for my problem. Is anyone running those? They look like they are a bit cheaper than LR.
LR's are $375 from Fatbobs......
Old 02-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
LR's are $375 from Fatbobs......

So do you guys think that a pair of LR UCAs and a set of 1.25'' spacers will solve the issue?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It might move your problem to a different location meaning you'll be chopping your cab mount and fender next.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It might move your problem to a different location meaning you'll be chopping your cab mount and fender next.
I can live with that. I know I will be doing some fender cutting.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
what wheels are you running? and are you having alignment issues?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
what wheels are you running? and are you having alignment issues?

Yeah just a little bit. So I will replace the UCAs to try to correct that issue. I have 285/70/17 BFG ATs
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:

the camburgs that are cheaper than the LR's use a ball joint. if you going to upgrade the arms, might as well upgrade to either a better ball joint (LR's) or go to a uniball set up
Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
cnew is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cnew's Tacoma Gallery
So are the 1.25 spacers a must as well or will the new uppers take care of the issue??
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know Camburg made a ball joint UCA - thought they were all uniball
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #20

https://www.independent4x.com/mercha...roducts_id=611

They make a ball joint now