1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally installed my LIFT!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DeeKay21, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Dec 11, 2008 at 6:43 AM
    MTL Tacoma

MTL Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montreal, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC LB TRD Sport
    Great Looking Taco!!!
    Did you black out the headlights yourself???

2. Dec 11, 2008 at 6:52 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    That's the infamous "Taco Lean". I haven't ever checked mine, but it's normal. Lot's of people with the adjustable coilovers like I have adjust the drivers side up just a bit more than the passenger's side to compensate for it.

3. Dec 11, 2008 at 7:06 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 [OP] Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    MTL Taco. Now I actually bought those like that. It was way before I learned about the BHLM or else I would have just done it myself!!! Haha. Only thing I like different about these lights is that they have the clear reflector on the side corner instead of the orange stock ones. Other then that they are the same I think.

4. Dec 11, 2008 at 7:09 AM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Oh okay. Man it just kind of bugs though because i knew there was something off when I looked at my truck from the rear when I first bought it. Oh well, if thats what they are known for, not much I can do about it. It aint to bad any ways. Thanks LonghornTaco!;)

5. Dec 11, 2008 at 9:44 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    The brake line is secured behind the wheel well but I forgot to take a picture of it because I was busy installing my diff drop. My bad. I might get a chance tomorrow some time.:)

6. Dec 12, 2008 at 5:57 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Yes your right it does have a factory bracket right near the rubber gap guards but there is about a foot long section of brake line after between that bracket and the actual caliper, originally the stock uca had a bracket on the side to hold that section of the line. alot of people with TC uca's have just zip tied that section of brake line back to the TC's and then down to the brake line but i dont see it on yours.

7. Dec 12, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I'm going to have to take a closer look some time today or tomorrow to see where it actually all goes. If its routed good like I hoped, I'll let you guys know for sure for that cleaner look!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top