Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another Lift question

Old 02-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
04PrerunnerDC is on a distinguished road
Name: Bo
04PrerunnerDC's Tacoma Gallery
Another Lift question

I am going with a 3'' lift. I was originally looking at the toytec spacer, BUT have persuaded myself to give others a look. I am looking at Eibach springs, 5100s all around and AAL in back (until I can afford dakars) does this seem like a good setup? I should get a full 3'' in front or more..Correct? All I need are to use my old top plates with new coils and struts? I do very little and light offroading but dont want any failures or beat my truck to death like I have read with the spacers. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Pre runner? Do spindles, and all pro in the back. spindles will give you 4" lift, keep your stock coils and springs if you want and get the rear pack w/ ext billies. When you get more flow you can get coils and shocks if you want, plus with spindles you do not need uca's. 3" lift you will prob need new uca's. Maxtrac spindles are a good alternative to camburg's. If you are running stock wheels you will also need wheel spacers for spindles. 4.5 max b.s.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
04PrerunnerDC is on a distinguished road
Name: Bo
04PrerunnerDC's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a little more than I need or afford. Looks like a good setup though.
Only looking to drop around 600 bucks on stage 1. I's po man.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
to get a "full" 3" you may be looking at a pro comp lift in that price range. I currently am running a pro comp lift and dude let me tell you it aint all that great. currently changing over to spindles billies all the way around and expo's. if you go with the set up you want you may not get to 3". But get it anyway and save up for spindles. just be carefull and don't waste your money like I did. The swap is costing me 1200. I f you can wait I would strongly recommend it. But the eibachs and billies are a great investment and either way your gonna need them.