LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear end slams hard over speed bumps with AAL

Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Rear end slams hard over speed bumps with AAL

If I go over speed bumps with any speed, my rear end comes down hard like I hopped a curb. Is this common of progressive AAL or should I be replacing my rear shocks?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did that when i blew the top of one of my shocks out.....I noticed it when i saw the metal rod sticking through the bottom of my composite bed
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same, im on 2'' blocks in the rear. Hitting your bump stops when going over it. Adding the lift soffens the shocks. Going to add some firmer procomp shocks on myself.

Air bags would help if you use your truck for towing or have a lot of weight in the rear.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
If I go over speed bumps with any speed, my rear end comes down hard like I hopped a curb. Is this common of progressive AAL or should I be replacing my rear shocks?
Did you just put the AAL on?

Typically the progressive AAL's ride very nice and absorb speed bumps.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
mondexyota will become famous soon enoughmondexyota will become famous soon enough
Name: Beau
mondexyota's Tacoma Gallery
I had this problem also. I just installed a set of Bilstien 5100 rear shocks, problem solved! I am now getting ready to redo my front suspension setup with some aftermarket coilovers & upper crontrol arms, then I will be able to hit speed bumps as fast as I want! LOL

Bilstiens 5100's here...https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...suspension/507
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Was this happening before you put the springs on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
I have the same, im on 2'' blocks in the rear. Hitting your bump stops when going over it. Adding the lift soffens the shocks. Going to add some firmer procomp shocks on myself.

Air bags would help if you use your truck for towing or have a lot of weight in the rear.
Blocks are not the same as springs, and yes you would bottom out pretty hard with 2 inch lift blocks.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Did you just put the AAL on?
Typically the progressive AAL's ride very nice and absorb speed bumps.
No, I've had them on for about 20k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Was this happening before you put the springs on?
IIRC, it wasn't as stiff with the stock leafs.

I thinking my shocks are worn out. Just wanted to see if anyone had the same problems
Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No, I've had them on for about 20k miles.

IIRC, it wasn't as stiff with the stock leafs.

I thinking my shocks are worn out. Just wanted to see if anyone had the same problems
So I take it you didn't upgrade to a longer shock when you put the AAL in correct?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
No. I'm looking at the billy 5125s now. Good option?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Stop staring at me swan!

I am not familiar with first gen suspension but as far as I have heard yeah that is a good option. Ask some of the 1st gen guys they will steer you in the right direction

EDIT: You can always call DSM. Tell them what you are running and they will be able to hook you up. Plus you get a TW member discount.