LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Walker Evans Coil Overs & All Pro Upper A Arms?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
mondexyota will become famous soon enoughmondexyota will become famous soon enough
Name: Beau
mondexyota's Tacoma Gallery
Walker Evans Coil Overs & All Pro Upper A Arms?

Is anybody using Walker Evans Non Res. Coilovers? How about All Pro Upper A Arms?

I am thinking about going with this setup for my Tacoma. Any input is greatly appreciated! Links below to both...
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...suspension/296
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...n/05upperaarms
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard they run on the stiff side but that could be because they were cranked to high or their valving is off for these trucks???? No personal experience though.

At the bottom of the page there's a "similar threads" link with a few threads. Good luck and I'm curious what feedback you get!

PS - their 2.5" rears look kind of bad ass!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
mondexyota will become famous soon enoughmondexyota will become famous soon enough
anyone?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Did you read some of those threads? Hardley anyone is running those!?!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
what tread are you reffering too?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I got All-Pro upper control arms. They work well enough. I was considering the WE coilovers, but decided to get Icons for only $100 more.
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8789

Note: the WE non-reservoir shocks are emulsion, meaning there's no dividing piston between the oil and the nitrogen. When operated for extended periods, the oil would aerate, and the shock would fade.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I cant speak of the WE or All Pros. I went with the Icon 2.5's and their UCA's from Johnny at Wheelers, 1620.00 for everything, no tax, free shipping. Hard to turn that down. Ride is excellent.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I cant speak of the WE or All Pros. I went with the Icon 2.5's and their UCA's from Johnny at Wheelers, 1620.00 for everything, no tax, free shipping. Hard to turn that down. Ride is excellent.
Dude that sounds good to me! How do I get that price? How much lift can u get outta the Icons?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's Johnny's price, he's super cool to deal with, sponsor too. They say 3.5" but that's hard on the CV's I run mine at 2.75, it's real nice
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Do they have a website? I just looked at Icons website & they that setup with the UCA'S are looking real sweet! Did you go with the extended travel coilovers?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

http://wheelersoffroad.com/

Yes, extended travel.
I went with the ome dakars in the rear and couldn't be happier with the setup
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
The price on the website is $1726 for the coilovers & the UCA's
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Well crap, sorry dude. Must have just gone up, blame it on Obama, I do. Still good on great setup, free ship, tax etc.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
lol agreed! Oh well I think im sold on it anyway, I will be ordering in a week or two!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Do the Icon UCA's have grease (zerk) fittings on them?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Those coilovers say they have a 600 # spring
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Is a 600 # spring enough to support the extra weight of an ARB bumper without sagging?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Zerk fittings, yes

Not sure about the arb bumper, it's pretty heavy. I have a winch with a lighter mount behind factory bumper and synthetic line and it works great
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Since the coilovers are adjustable, spring rate is less of an issue. Just turn the spring perch until the truck sits at the height you want.

Be sure to take measurements with the swaybar disconnected, so you can make the approriate adjustments for "Taco lean". (I had to crank the driver's side coilover about 1/4" more.)
Old 02-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running AP UCAs w/ walker evans COs. Last year I rebuild them and added a longer King spring w/ a 700# rate.