Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Shock Replacement Advice

Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
jonnybeer is on a distinguished road
jonnybeer's Tacoma Gallery
Shock Replacement Advice

Hi all, I am new to the forum and appreciate any input you may have for my dilemma.

A few years ago I put a 2" leveling kit in the front of my 2008 TRD double cab, and airbags in the back. This was to accommodate a bigger tire and increased payload in the box. My stock Bilsteins have been great, but they now feel dead and need replacing.

I have been reading lots of threads on the site and it seems that the Bilstein 5100's may be the way to go.

But please be honest with me. Is this a simple shock replacement or should I consider putting in a real lift such as the Old Man Emu kit? I dont really want to spend the money on a whole new kit, and am hoping you guys will think that my set up with the 5100's will be acceptable.

Thanks for your input!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
If you are thinking about getting OME kit. Get it, I'm glad I got it. The ride is real nice and what you pay for is well worth it. 5100s are nice, but glad I decided to go with the OME over the 5100s.